Are you a new or recent IT, engineering, analytics or computer science graduate ready to use a broad range of technology to impact our retail business and the bottom line?
Global IT at TJX is offering full-time Engineer 1 opportunities in our IT function based in our European Head Office in Watford.
As an Engineer 1 in our Early In Career Programme, you’ll build a thorough understanding of how technology is the key to driving results across every area of our global retail environment.
You will receive targeted coaching and guidance with multiple learning experiences including hands-on application, digital learning and group projects within your team, and you’ll be given more autonomy as you develop.
Our Early In Career Programme – IT Engineering will suit those seeking to learn, grow and contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic global business. Working in a collaborative, team orientated environment, you’ll join a cohort of Engineers globally and expand your own IT capabilities —providing you the tools and network to kick-start your new IT career
Multiple opportunities are available across a variety of disciplines including:
- Software Development
- Database Administration
- Test Automation
- Data Engineering
- Web Development
Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with experienced technology specialists globally in an Agile environment
- Learn about TJX’s business and technologies
- Build innovative technology solutions that make our platforms even better
- Design, code and test solutions
- Review and evolve current processes
- Work autonomously and collaborate in groups to tackle challenges, advance projects, and complete assignments
What you’ll discover
- • Brand new state of the art campus which encourages collaborative working, flexibility and creativity
- • Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- • Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
- • Opportunities to drive a variety of interesting work
- • Supported learning and Ddevelopment
- Competitive salary
- 25 days basic holiday plus bank holidays
- Access to an onsite gym and discounted gyms/classes throughout the UK.
- Associate discount
- Pension Scheme
- Season ticket support
Our Early In Career Programme - IT Engineering is a great way to start your career if you aspire to be an IT leader at TJX. You will be exposed to several areas of the global IT function and a broad range of technology, it will teach and challenge you to build your knowledge of corporate IT at TJX, whilst giving you a high degree of creativity and autonomy to become an IT leader.
- Start date: September 2021
- Remote start due to COVID-19
What we are looking for
- Self-starters who possess the ability to learn and grow in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Problem solvers who can think creatively
- Can work autonomously but also can collaborate as part of a team
- Curious and eager learners with leadership abilities and strong work ethic
- Those who can think in “Agile Mindset”—flexible, change adept, willingness to learn
- Active interest in computer systems, the internet, networking and technology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical area (recently –or soon to be—completed)
- Computer science, engineering, data analytics, or related degree or equivalent experience
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment