Open to new ideas?
The Product Development team helps ensure that we fill gaps in the retail market with fantastic fashion and exceptional quality and is a key part of our Buying and Merchandising function. That’s where you come in.
You’ll gain exposure to all areas of product development including product design, buying, garment technology and private labels. You’ll gain a unique insight into how we buy at all levels of the market, for fashion, trend, colour direction and value, from all kinds of vendors from big names, designer labels and top brands to up-and-coming labels.
The only thing that’ll match the pace of your role and development will be the pace of our business. You’ll be responsible for delivering key insights to our product development business as well as the relevant buying teams, playing an integral part in how we deliver the right combination of brand, fashion, price and quality to our customers.
The experience you’ll gain
Ultimately, you’re not only looking to start your career. You’re looking for an unforgettable journey. You want to be part of something huge. Something global. A 12-month Product Development placement with TJX Europe is where it can all begin.
Wherever your placement takes you, you’ll get lots of training, both on and off the job. So you can expect plenty of practical opportunities to put your new abilities to the test and see the difference you can make.
What we are looking for
Alongside the requirements listed below, if you have European language skills – particularly German or Polish – that would be great. And if you’ve lived and worked in Europe, even better. In a business like ours, these are great assets to have.
- Studying for a degree related to fashion/textiles/garment technology, design and/or development
- Or demonstrate that you have gained a deep understanding of these areas through your experience
- A knowledge of fashion and apparel trends and a developed sense of clothing, textile or garment design and construction
- The ability to think both creatively and commercially
- A strong sense of curiosity and self-initiative
- The resilience to thrive in an environment where you’ll manage multiple priorities at once
- Awareness of CAD-based packages including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign would also be beneficial
Apply for our 2018 intake soon so you don’t miss out.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||East Midlands, East of England, London, North East England, North West England, South East England, South West England, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber|