Our Civil Engineering Graduate scheme is tailor made to support you and your ongoing development. Joining us with, or on track to achieve, a minimum 2:1 degree in civil engineering or equivalent, you’ll work towards becoming a Chartered Engineer. During your three-year development programme, you’ll rotate between six different placements, working to develop your skills and gain experience. You’ll be a part of finding solutions to challenging problems, and of driving the most recognised and innovative transport network in the world. Our aim is to equip you with everything you need for a successful career, and so we’ll support you at every stage of your journey.
Some of the placements you might undertake include, but are not limited to:
- Improving the longevity of the structures and earthworks of the London Underground
- Delivering innovative step-free access schemes to improve accessibility to our network
- Working with our consultants to design new low-carbon station boxes and tunnels on our major projects like Bank Station Capacity Upgrade
- Designing new road layouts with our Highways Engineering teams to create new cycle superhighways across London
Our apprentices and graduates are the future of TfL. That’s why we invest in your development and give you all the support you need to succeed. As an award-winning employer for work-life balance, we’re committed to creating a workplace that puts people first. It’s in our DNA.
Alongside working towards a professional qualification, you’ll also get a substantial benefits package that includes:
- Free travel for you and someone who lives in your household on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Tickets
- A minimum of 29 days’ annual leave
- A choice of a generous final salary pension scheme, or the option to top up your salary by varying your pension
- Tax-efficient childcare payments and cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure, and travel offers.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2022