Our Fire Engineering Graduate scheme is tailor made to support you and your ongoing development. Joining us with, or on track to achieve, a minimum of a 2:2 qualification in a fire related subject, you’ll work towards becoming a Chartered Engineer. During your two-year development programme, you’ll work across multi-disciplinary teams on multiple transport modes to deliver city-defining programmes and cutting-edge innovations. You’ll rotate between eight different placements that will provide you with first hand experience, giving you exposure to business operations, procedures network management and emergency procedures throughout the TfL network.
Some examples of projects our graduates have previously worked on include:
- Bank Station Capacity Upgrade – a project which is seeing a whole new platform and station built under the City of London
- Crossrail – Europe’s most complex railway infrastructure project – fire safety and fire assurance
- Silvertown Tunnel – a new road tunnel under the Thames – design of active and passive fire protection systems
- Electric Bus Fire Risk Analysis
- Victoria Coach Station – upgrade of fire safety systems
Our apprentices and graduates are the future of TfL. That’s why we invest in your development and give you all the support you need to succeed. As an award-winning employer for work-life balance, we’re committed to creating a workplace that puts people first. It’s in our DNA.
Alongside working towards a professional qualification, you’ll also get a substantial benefits package that includes:
- Free travel for you and someone who lives in your household on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Tickets
- A minimum of 29 days’ annual leave
- A choice of a generous final salary pension scheme, or the option to top up your salary by varying your pension
- Tax-efficient childcare payments and cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure, and travel offers.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2022