Take control of your teaching adventure in Japan
Turn your dreams of experiencing Japan into a well-paid reality on this 12-month immersive teaching adventure.
With its quirky culture, orderly cities, age-old tradition and stunning scenery, Japan is the kind of place that’ll keep you on your toes. Somehow seamlessly blending calm with chaos and old with new, it’s a land of contradictions — and one that requires much more than a quick visit to understand.
On this 12-month teaching adventure, you’ll immerse yourself in all things Japan. BBQ your nights away at cosy Izakaya, get right in the thick of things on the daily commute and try learning one of the most unique languages around. Wherever your adventure takes you, it won’t be disappointing. Now, let’s make this happen!
Your placement options
Are you a supporting act or centre stage kind of grad? We ask because you’ve got two choices: you can either become an Assistant Language Teacher or run the show. It’s up to you…
Assistant Language Teacher option
- School: Japanese public school
- Position: Teaching assistant
- Schedule: work at multiple schools on different days of the week
- Requirements: driving licence required to drive between schools (this is a must)
- Salary: 220k Yen (gross)
Foreign Teacher option
- School: private language centre
- Position: main classroom teacher
- Schedule: work at multiple branches of the same company on different days of the week
- Requirements: No transport needed
- Salary: 240-250k Yen (gross)
You’ll need to decide before you go, but no sweat. You can chat with our team about the options or have your questions answered on a call. That’s what we’re here for.
Oh, and the best part? Once you’ve chosen your placement, we’ll guarantee your choice and make sure it’s met.
What we are looking for
- Undergraduate degree in subject.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 September 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment