We offer a comprehensive programme, which combines on-the-job training at Trolex, with a relevant Level 3 apprentice qualification at college, undertaken on day-release.
You would be responsible for:
- Building life-saving equipment to the highest possible quality standards, by accurately and efficiently following detailed work instructions;
- Actively participating in improvement activities; confidently seeking-out ideas for improvement;
- Communicating with teams from across the business;
- Cross-training across different product groups in order to broaden knowledge and skills and provide additional manufacturing resource where and when required.
To qualify for the Level 3 qualification, grade 4/5 or above in English and maths is required.
An understanding of electrical components and/or some experience of the Microsoft Office suite would be useful too.
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive salary, in excess of the National ‘Apprentice’ rate of pay.
In addition, you’ll receive:
- Generous pension contributions and life cover of 7½ times salary
- Private medical insurance with Bupa, plus supplementary cash-back health and wellbeing benefits from Healthshield
- Company-wide bonus scheme
- Flexitime providing flexible start and finish times, flexible lunch break, and opportunities to accrue flexi-days
- Opportunities to extend holiday entitlement – in addition to standard allowance, take your birthday off, and purchase unlimited holidays throughout the year
- Opportunities for paid sabbaticals
- Free on-site parking
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Free Yoga classes and other health and wellbeing activities
- Significantly enhanced parental leave pay and leave
- Training and development opportunities
We offer a permanent role, continuing beyond the completion of the apprenticeship qualification.
The knowledge and skills you will acquire will be invaluable to you in becoming an outstanding Manufacturing Technician of technology-leading products, as much as they will in a customer-facing role in technical sales; a more technical role in engineering; or an operational excellence role in quality assurance, should your ambitions, now or in the future, take a different direction.
Additional job details
- Greater Manchester
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 March 2020