Ten years ago, Unividual set up Unicademy, a chartered financial planner school, for aspiring finance professionals. Due to promotion and progression in the business we are looking to hire our next generation of talented Unividuals for our Bath office.
You will start the job assisting one of Unividual's financial planners and progress through the program over a course of three years to trainee, financial planning assistant, senior and then chartered financial planner. If you are already in the industry and perhaps even hold the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, Unicademy can be tailored to the level of training you need. Your progression will come from formal qualifications with the Chartered Insurance Institute and highly structured training on the job. After which, as a Chartered Financial Planner you will have the experience, knowledge and skills to decide between two Unividual career paths, either to move in to a role where you advise clients on their finances or you stay within the day to day running of the business and become a technical specialist.
We really do believe in Richard Branson’s philosophy “Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to”. Unividual has 100% retention of all the Unicademy graduates, four whom became Financial Planners and two who are now managing teams.
The job role
Your job role whilst undertaking this training is known as "paraplanning" in the finance industry. It consists of a variety of tasks, but is not limited to:
- Process incoming information through digital and postal streams and orgainse this information accurately on to the applicable clients’ records
- Process, analyse and organise information and options for the financial planner’s presentation meetings
- Create and organise first meeting and marketing packs for the financial planner
- Undertake research to identify solutions for financial plans
- Communicate with a huge variety of different people such as product providers, clients, clients' legal and tax advisers, conduct medical questionnaires and chase GPs.
- Write detailed financial strategy reports for clients
- Deal with client queries when the financial planner is out of the office
Unividual is a unique company to work for, our culture is centred on a team effort, working towards a common vision with once in a lifetime reward. You will work harder than you ever have before but in return you will receive reward and recognition beyond what many other businesses offer.
- Salary: clear and transparent salary structure with opportunity to gain four promotions in three years
- Bonus: after successful completion of your Diploma and Advanced Diploma you may receive a bonus. You will also qualify from Unividual's client referral bonus scheme, where you can earn bonuses for introducing clients to Unividual.
- Sponsored training: funding for your CII Diploma and Advanced Diploma. This includes but is not limited to, CII accredited training, materials and books. You get up to four Study days and two training days for each module. We also pay for CII membership and all your exams including providing support for retakes. You will be required to pay training costs back should you leave Unividual before gaining Chartered status (more details will be provided).
- Incentive program: the ability to earn up to £750 in vouchers of your choice every year if Unividual hit their targets, along with an extra five days holiday a year.
- Income protection: we put an insurance in place after your probationary period so that if you have considerable time off work from illness you have an income.
- Workplace pension: after just three months you will automatically be enrolled to Unividual's pension where both yourself and Unividual will contribute 5% of your earnings to your pension.
- Team building: up to three training conventions a year, some of which are abroad and team building events or company days out throughout the year.
- Holiday: on top of all your study days, you will have 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays). We will also give you an extra day's holiday for every year of service up to five years. You also get five days sick pay per year too.
Start date: Ideally September but can be flexible
What we are looking for
- Applicants must have at least some experience of working in an office
- Work experience in financial services, even if just a few days, would be desirable
- Professional and personable communication skills both verbally and written
- Highly intelligent individual with the ability to think laterally
- Strong attention to detail and a naturally critical eye
- Able to use Word to its full capability and proficient in Excel
- Forward-thinking person who plans for the future to hit their own goals but also excels working towards common goals in a team
- Confident in meeting new people and building rapport with others
- High levels of organisational capability and able to multi-task under pressure
- A focused work ethic so you can embrace the pressure of working, learning on the job and studying for exams all at the same time
We don't mind saying that Unividual isn't for everyone, but for dynamic and driven people who thrive in a fast-paced, quality focused environment Unividual is a business that can help you reach your full potential. People who work for us demonstrate most of the values and qualities below:
- Driven and determined character that thrives in a demanding environment
- Caring personality with a passion for sharing knowledge and helping others
- Service-orientated with the determination to do the right thing for the client
- Whilst confident, a reserved and respectful person willing to learn
- A moral compass with a desire to do the right thing, even behind closed doors
- A confident, competitive person with a good sense of humour
- Capable and strong individual, unafraid to challenge but in a respectful way
- Team player with a thick skin that wants to take responsibility
- Positive outlook that drives self-belief, so your focus is on the job in hand
- Genuine passion in finance
- First degree or 2:1 is desirable but Unividual may occasionally accept 2:2 if the candidate has achieved the below school grades.
- Applicants without a degree are welcome but they will require A to B grades at GCSE and A Level and/or financial services qualifications.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes and a burning desire to excel in a career in finance, please respond to this job advert with a CV and covering letter bespoke to the role as soon as possible.
You will need to be available for an interview and if you are successfully short-listed then attend Unividual’s experience day. We are recruiting for our London and Bath office so the dates for both jobs are below:
- Bath interview dates: Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 July
- Bath experience day: Thursday t August
- London interview date: Monday 22 July
- London experience day: Monday 5 August
Last year we had over 300 applications for Unicademy, so unfortunately, we cannot guarantee feedback to all applications so if you have not heard from us by July 31st your application will have been unsuccessful.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment