Do you want to support the Unlocked graduates vision whilst earning some extra money at university?
We’re looking for Brand Managers to help build awareness of what we do on campus. Unlocked graduates is an award-winning leadership development programme that is reforming the prison service from the inside.
We’ve just opened applications for our Brand Manager role, looking for a select group of individuals who will promote the programme and its benefits on campus. The role is designed to fit around your studies, and pays the national living wage. As well as gaining valuable skills and experience, being a Brand Manager gives you the opportunity to gain a unique insight into the prison system.
What it involves
- Contracted from September 2019 - March 2020
- Working independently to promote the Unlocked graduates’ brand across your university using creative marketing techniques
- Utilising your own networks within the university community to promote our opportunities and reaching out to societies focused on diversity and inclusion
- Acting as a professional point of contact for interested students and spread our message with confidence
- Networking with a range of stakeholders on campus (academic departments, societies, voluntary organisations) to raise the profile of Unlocked graduates
- Support us at careers fairs, presentations and other recruitment events
- Attending a compulsory training day prior to starting in the role at our head office in London, and mid-point training in January
Benefits of the role
- Paid the living wage of £9.00 per hour (£10.55 with London weighting), amounting to around £350 per term
- Flexible hours – typically four hours a week, which you can work around your studies and other commitments to suit you, due to the independent nature of this work
- Develop various skills, including communication, independent working, marketing, networking, planning, and organising
- Gain experience in promoting a growing organisation
- Play a key role in Unlocked graduates’ work to build awareness of the positive work that goes on in prisons and how society can nurture a rehabilitative attitude towards prisoners.
What we are looking for
You will need to demonstrate that you have the five key attributes that we look for in our recruitment ambassadors:
- Motivation – you will be passionate about Unlocked graduates, show clear drive to want to promote the programme and to transform the way we think about.
- Leadership – you will need to work independently and be driven to lead on new ideas, running events and managing their time effectively.
- Relationship-building – it is vital that you can quickly build relationships with new and existing stakeholders such as societies, careers advisors and academics.
- Resilience – ideas may not always go according to plan so you need to be able to deal with last-minute changes and the possibility that things may not work out successfully every time.
- Communication – you will be forthcoming in talking to new people with an ability to influence and persuade others. You should be a confident communicator, speaking positively about Unlocked Graduates and remaining on message with the rest of the organisation.
Are you eligible?
You will need to be:
- A full-time undergraduate student at a UK university from September 2019
- Eligible to work in the UK from September 2019 – March 2020
- Available for an interview in May or June
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
The first stage involves a simple application form where we ask for your details and a few questions regarding your networks and motivations for applying for the role. If you are successful, you will be invited to take part in an interview with a member of the recruitment team. Where possible, we will aim to conduct these interviews face-to-face, either in your university town or at our offices in London across May and June
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 01/05/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£9.00 per hour
(£10.55 with London weighting)