Reoffending after prison costs society £18bn a year. And it can cost families a whole lot more. But what if you could reduce it? Whilst increasing your own chances of career success? Our award-winning two-year Leadership Development Programme is for ambitious graduates of all subjects who are driven to help lead reform on the frontline.
As a Times Top 100 Graduate Employer, we offer up to £34k, a funded Master’s degree, and all the training you need to make a difference from day one.
After the two years, lots of our grads choose to develop their careers in the justice system, many with us. Some are snapped up by other top employers. Some decide on further study. All develop the confidence and capabilities they need to make an impact and a name for themselves, whatever they’re called to do.
Unlocked Graduates Leadership Development Programme
As part of the programme, you complete a fully-funded, bespoke Master’s degree. Drawing on the latest research in the field – and led by top academic experts – your studies will give you the chance to step back from the day-to-day and learn the theory to drive system change on the frontline.
Participants on Unlocked have the opportunity in their second-year project to choose the policy lens option. These projects are shared with the participants’ prison governors and with officials at the Ministry of Justice. This offers the chance to have a system-wide impact across the country – contributing to a unique body of knowledge developed by prison officers on the frontline in prison.
You will also receive the opportunity to complete work placements with a choice of over 100 organisations. This is very much a two-way exchange, enabling you to broaden your experience and bring new skills back to your prison while the partner organisation benefits from your unique perspective.
Compensation and benefits
The Unlocked Graduates leadership development programme also offers a wide range of benefits. We have been in the Times Top 100 jobs since 2019 when we were the highest new entrant. Our programme comes with the following package of benefits:
- A starting salary of £28,000-£34,000 (dependent on location).
- A fully-funded master’s degree.
- Work placement opportunities with our leading corporate partners – including Clifford Chance, PwC and the Ministry of Justice.
- Group support and 1-1 mentoring on offer.
- Ongoing networking and development opportunities throughout and following our two-year programme.
The Unlocked Graduates recruitment team are often running events and visiting university campuses to meet prospective applicants. We also offer 1-1 interview coaching sessions and Assessment centre workshops. Check out our upcoming events here.
This is two years to become a leader. One opportunity to change society.
What we are looking for
- A bachelor’s degree, you have to already have, or be expecting to receive, at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree qualification by July 2023 or equivalent*
- No prior work experience is necessary, we are looking at your potential to participate constructively in the programme and positively impact prisoners’ lives.
- You have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the programme (two years)
- You will need a special combination of attributes and skills – both to gain entry to the programme and to be successful in the role.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- North West England
- North Yorkshire
- South East England
- West Midlands
- West Yorkshire
- £28,000 - £34,000
dependent on location
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19 December 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 19 December 2022