We have a great opportunity for a graduate to come and join our Analysts in the Collections Strategy team in Chatham. It is a brand new team, which has been created due to growth, so it’s an exciting time to join us.
Our Collections Strategy team works to develop new capabilities for supporting customers in pre-delinquency, arrears and financial difficulty. The team are continually looking to identify opportunities for efficiency gains and are looking at the applications of new technology and channels, such as AI and smart communications. This is a very connected team where you’ll be working with stakeholders from risk, commercial, compliance, operational analytics and front-line collections to create a lean, agile operation.
As an Analyst in the team, your responsibilities will include;
- Review and enhance current collections strategies, scorecards and capabilities for supporting customers in pre-delinquency arrears and financial difficulty; optimising customer experience with seamless interactions across multiple channels
- Develop collections strategies for new initiatives, regulatory changes and integration of new technology (such as AI and smart communications), with the purpose of building a comprehensive industry leading strategy for Collections
- Keep up-to-date with new and developing technology to ensure Vanquis Bank Collections remains an industry leader in this arena
- Work closely with front line collections to optimise the collections operations, focussing on people variations, process inefficiency and technology opportunities to create a lean, agile operation
- Analyse, define and drive changes forward such as new test and learn (champion / challenger) strategies to optimise existing channels and processes and to ensure that the customer journey is frictionless and seamless
- Be a key part of the change process; documenting change requests and supporting strategy testing, implementation, and post-implementation review
- Develop a reporting suite that is comprehensive and relevant to support decision making across existing processes, new initiatives and agent and channel / strategy performance
- Ensure collections operate in a fully compliant manner, building and monitoring exception reporting to constantly validate this
Will you thrive?
Working in Analytics at Vanquis isn’t about simply being 'good with numbers'. We’re looking to create rounded, multi-skilled analysts who will grow to lead our future direction. To be successful in this role, the following skills and experience is required;
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be part of a growing analytical community across Chatham, London and Bradford offering both career development and career advancement. We make sure there are systems in place that encourage and reward curiosity, improved analytical and interpersonal skills
Because our people do such a great job, we’ve put together an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including: generous holiday entitlement, participation in a discretionary bonus scheme, pension scheme, interest free season ticket loans and share purchase plans.
There are numerous social and sporting occasions at Vanquis including quiz nights, themed celebrations and of course our Christmas party. We also offer volunteering and fundraising opportunities through our Vanquis Active Community programme. You can find out more about what it’s like to work at Vanquis from our Instagram page.
What we are looking for
- Having some analytical experience within consumer lending (such as acquisition risk, account management, scorecard development or collections strategies) would be a bonus, but we will also consider new graduates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Clear, logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Good attention to detail
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Experience of analytical coding at university or within an analytical role (such as SQL and SAS), and using Microsoft Office suite (use of Excel v-lookups and pivot tables etc.) would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently; managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Drive to deliver change, and be willing to challenge conventional approaches
- Enthusiastic, hard-working and a willingness to learn
At least a 2:1 degree in a numerate subject (such as maths, physics, etc.) or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 May 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22 May 2019