Would you like to kick start your graduate career by working on challenging projects that will bring you closer to Chartered Engineer status? How about doing so at the forefront of vehicle technology, working with some of the biggest names in the automotive industry? Then you’ll relish this opportunity with the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA).
Our Graduate Scheme is an exciting four year training programme. Across a carefully designed series of placements, plus plenty of formal and on-the-job training, you will hone your skills, knowledge and experience alongside world-class experts. You can expect to:
- spend the first two years discovering all the different areas within VCA, while gaining first-hand experience of the automotive industry
- run technical projects, work at vehicle testing laboratories, and visit heavy vehicle and car manufacturers
- build your understanding of how legislation is produced, and the impact it has - for example, in terms of systems introduced into vehicles
- get in-depth insights into how vehicles are designed and manufactured
- gain a permanent role with us after the first two years, while we continue to give you plenty of support
- after four years, find yourself in a position to gain Chartered status and continue to advance your career with VCA
We offer career advancement opportunities for every level of capability, as well as flexible working patterns, paid overtime and allowances. As we operate globally, you could find yourself taking on a graduate placement overseas, and perhaps even progressing to a posting in one of our offices in Europe, U.S.A, Japan, China, South Korea, Malaysia, India or Australia.
What we are looking for
To join us you’ll need to have or expect at least a 2:2 in an IMechE accredited degree, plus a driving licence valid for the UK. You already know how to use mechanical engineering knowledge to optimise the application of technology, and to solve engineering problems in theory and practice. Here, you’ll learn to apply those skills in a leadership role, working with emerging technology - so we’ll also expect you to be ambitious and good with people.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Bedford · Bristol · Nuneaton|
£26,155 - £27,045