Veolia is looking for a graduate process engineer with a keen interest in decarbonisation and technological innovation to join our Water Technical Team based in Warrington or Newbridge WwTW nr Edinburgh as part of our Graduate Development Programme.
This will be a two year programme, where you will be supporting the technical and performance initiatives of our Industrial, Water and Energy activities. You will get involved in a number of business areas including technical, operations, projects, energy markets, business development, marketing and quality, health and safety and environmental management.
What you’ll do
- Support Veolia’s business activities and new solutions with a focus on decarbonisation
- Technology watch on new processes and digitalisation
- Support the delivery of technical expertise to Veolia’s water and wastewater portfolio across municipal and industrial sectors with decarbonising in mind
- Implement operational innovation and excellence
- Develop and implement operational efficiency initiatives
- Use modelling tools and process calculations to predict and enhance treatment performance
- Support business cases
About your development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured development programme, undertaking leadership, management, soft skills and safety modules with your graduate cohort. You will work with highly experienced engineers, operators and environmental professionals across Veolia’s industrial, water and energy activities.
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- The option to join our attractive Veolia pension scheme.
- Access to Veolia rewards, benefits and discounts.
- Access to financial and mental health support.
- 25 days annual leave and statutory bank holidays.
What we are looking for
- Creative thinking and innovation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A keen interest in sustainability, decarbonisation, environmental issues and improvement
- Attention to detail and accuracy must be demonstrated
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous industrial placement experience
- Experience in the water or environmental industry
- Basic process modelling proficiency
Degree level qualification in engineering, environmental sustainability or sciences (a minimum of 2:1 to be achieved by Sept 2021)
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- biology and life sciences
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
dependent on qualifications and previous experience. Plus Veolia benefits
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please note that if a high number of quality applications are received, this vacancy may close early. To avoid disappointment, please apply with plenty of time before the stated advert closing date.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 17 January 2021