An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Junior Communications Officer to join our London Communications Team at our offices in Vauxhall. You will be supporting on delivery against our digital strategy for the London region. Your work will be focused on the commercial side of the business and will include:
- Building close understanding and working relationships with the commercial sales team in London
- Identifying, planning and executing promotional campaigns for our commercial services that can be used to create collaborations and partnerships with key customers
- Working with key customers to build a bespoke communications programme for them and build a portfolio for future tenders
- Identifying and packaging relevant commercially focused news stories for social and traditional media outlets
- Supporting the London Communications Team with regular tasks and administration
About your development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured management development programme, undertaking leadership and management modules with your graduate cohort. You will be supported in this by our People Development team.
What we are looking for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Understanding and experience of social media
- A positive, can-do attitude, with a willingness to learn
- Demonstrable passion for environment and sustainability
- Interest in / understanding of recycling and waste policy and industry developments
- Interest in / understanding of PR, social advertising and digital communications
- You need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction on beginning employment and be able to take up permanent employment with the company.
- Degree level qualification related to communications, media, public relation or an environmentally focused degree with a demonstrable interest in media and communications (2:1 minimum by September 2020)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Veolia supports the principle of equality and diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 17 January 2020