An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Graduate to join our Industrial Customers South team as part of the Graduate Development Programme. Over the course of the two year programme, you will be gaining valuable exposure to hands-on operational activities; with the aim to develop you into a future Operational Manager, capable of running waste, water and energy contracts.
This will involve
- Hands-on operational experience of a water/effluent plant, working alongside boiler engineers and waste operatives
- Technical and commercial projects - investigating, developing and executing improvement opportunities; including project management experience
- Opportunities to act up as supervisor, developing leadership and management skills
- Exposure to support services, e.g. HR/ER, IT, finance
About your development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured management development programme, undertaking leadership and management modules with your graduate cohort. You will be supported in this by our People Development team. You will also receive further technical training specific to your role.
What we are looking for
- Problem solving mindset and ability to get stuck in
- Willingness to engage in practical tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work well with others and take up a leadership position
- Full, clean driving licence
You need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction on beginning employment and be able to take up permanent employment with the company. You’ll also need a full driving license on starting employment. During the recruitment process you’ll be required to provide original documentation.
- Degree level qualification in an engineering discipline, e.g. mechanical / electrical engineering (2:1 minimum by September 2020)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 17 January 2020