As a Business Graduate you will gain an unrivalled insight into the workings of Verastar and have an incredible opportunity to develop a wide range of skills including people management, teamwork, project management and stakeholder management.
Before settling into your permanent role you’ll complete a structured 18-month development programme with the following rotations.
- Setting you up to succeed (six-months) – you’ll complete a strategic business rotation plan in our Customer facing teams and gain first-hand knowledge of how we attract, support and grow our customer base.
- Starting to specialise (12-months) – once you've learnt how we do things you'll begin specialising in up to two of the following business areas: marketing; projects; HR; finance; commercial; legal and compliance; customer service; quality and continuous improvement; utility operations; business insurance; debt recovery; IT software development
- Three business projects – working with senior business leaders and other Graduates the projects will give you the opportunity to showcase your abilities and directly impact change in the company.
Want to know more? Check out our website for full details on our scheme.
Why choose us
Across The Verastar Group, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive team and celebrating our diversity. Not only because this is the right thing to do, but also because we understand the commercial advantages that come with having a range of experiences, cultures and voices within our team. We aim for our colleague mix to reflect the diverse communities in which we operate and we’re striving to achieve this every day.
We all have a role to play in creating a great working environment which welcomes and celebrates difference, and which we can all feel proud to be part of. That’s why we offer a fantastic starting salary as well as providing outstanding on-site facilities, including parking, a free gym and a discounted café - complete with a bar for after-work get togethers.
Our core values embody the way we look after our customers, and the way we treat each other:
- United – we are one team
- Passionate – we go the extra mile
- Innovative – we find a better way
- Straightforward – we keep things simple
As well as being a great place to work, we offer impressive benefits too
- STAR bonus scheme – up to 10% of your annual salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy more through our buy and sell holiday scheme
- Online discount platform STAR Rewards – offers discounts at 100s of high street and online stores
- Free life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
What we are looking for
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed in a business environment
- Commercial awareness that supports effective business decision making
- A well-rounded skill set and ability to adapt to different departments, processes and roles
- A united approach to teamwork and ability to communicate at all levels, from front line staff to members of senior management, including Company Directors
- An open mind and a passion to learn the business from the bottom up
- Eligibility to live and work permanently in the UK
If you have a minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline (or 2:2 if you have a master’s degree or higher) we’d love to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Sale · We’re based in the heart of Sale Moor Village next to Sale Water Park, only a stone’s throw away from the M60 and just a short walk from the Airport Metro Link line and Sale Town Centre.
rising to £24,000 as you progress through the scheme
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
We are currently working within COVID guidelines with working from home in place, we are looking at options on what new working lives will look like as COVID restrictions ease.
What happens next
If you’re looking for an exciting technology based role with great benefits at an award-winning company, then Verastar is the place for you. To be part of our continued success click ‘Apply’ today to take the next step in your career.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment