If you’re looking for a new challenge with great benefits at an award-winning company, then Verastar is the place for you as we are now looking for proactive, highly motivated and talented Graduate Management Trainees to join our team.
Main purpose of the role
As a Graduate Management Trainee you will gain an unrivalled insight into the workings of the business and have an incredible opportunity to develop a wide range of skills whilst beginning a fulfilling and rewarding long term career with us.
Graduates who join our programme can make a significant contribution to our company’s success; we believe this is driven by our people and hiring graduates is a key element to our overall business strategy.
Our Graduate scheme is full time 12-month programme where you will gain new skills and develop existing ones whilst obtaining a comprehensive understanding of how the company operates. During this you will undertake the following activities:
Six-month customer journey rotation - Working within our customer facing call centre teams you will learn about our customer journey and key business practices.
Six-month business rotation - Working for three months each in two business support teams you will gain exposure to the operational and strategic side of the business. The teams include:
- Business analysis
- Continuous improvement
- Customer operations
- Legal and compliance
- Management and business information
Three business projects – working with senior business leaders and other graduates on the scheme the projects will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and abilities and directly impact change within the company.
For more information on the departments and the scheme visit our graduate careers at //verastar.co.uk/graduates.
At the end of this programme successful Graduates will be transferred to work permanently within one of our specialist Business Support Teams that formed part of your Business rotation.
It is our aim to find a suitable role for successful candidates based on the individual strengths demonstrated during the scheme, business requirements, and individual career aspirations and this will be discussed with you during your programme.
To help you succeed you will receive the following support as you progress along our Graduate Programme:
Induction: A comprehensive two-week induction to ensure you have a full understanding of key working practices and our products and services.
Training and development: Throughout this programme you will receive ongoing training and development to support your overall personal and career development, which will include: business products, customer services and leadership development.
Development review meetings: Supported by our dedicated Talent Manager you will have quarterly review meetings to celebrate your successes and ensure you have a development plan that helps you get the most out of your experience.
Mentors: You will have a business mentor who will give you extra support and help you with all aspects of the scheme including connecting you with other employees and being a friendly face in the business as you progress.
- Programme length: 12 months initial duration with a permanent job on successful completion
- Hours: Permanent role working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Location: Currently based in Wythenshawe head office, transferring to our new head office in Sale
This is an ideal role for recent graduates, or those who have already gained some commercial experience, that want to take their first step in building a successful career with a rapidly growing organisation.
- STAR bonus scheme (Up to 10% salary bonus per year)
- Up to 31 days holiday per year, increasing to 33 days after one years’ service
- Employee assistance programme to give you help and advice when you need it
- Annual pay review
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including: buy and sell holidays and Cycle to Work
- Funding for external training courses through the training support scheme
- Verastar rewards scheme giving you gym discounts and discounts with major retailers
- Free life assurance for all employees
What we are looking for
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed in a business environment
- A good level of commercial awareness and an understanding of key considerations in business decision making
- A well-rounded skill set to assist with the varied nature of the role - throughout the scheme you will be expected to adapt to different departments, processes and roles
- A team focus and ability to communicate at all levels, from front line staff to members of senior management, including company directors
- Flexibility, adaptability and a desire to support the future growth of the business
- Eligibility to live and work permanently in the UK
As we are keen to develop a diverse and varied workforce, we accept applications from any degree discipline, with a minimum 2:1 result (or 2:2 if you have a master’s degree or higher).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- £20,000 to £23,000
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 2 September 2019
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 6 June 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 July 2019