An exciting opportunity to work alongside Teesside University academic team and Visualsoft to implement emerging technologies and data analytics to drive the development of a number of tools to improve their e-commerce consumer interactions and increase Visualsoft’s clients’ satisfaction levels
Job purpose: to implement emerging technologies, data analytics and human computer interactions to drive the development of a number of tools which improve e-commerce consumer interactions to increase Visualsoft’s clients’ satisfaction levels.
Candidate will be fully supported by the Academic team at Teesside University
Duties and responsibilities:
Part A - Data Analytics & Behaviour Prediction Tool Development
- Familiarisation of Visualsoft Business Model. E-commerce platform and current supporting technology.
- Create a data fusion tool to enable data aggregation within the Visualsoft ecommerce platform
- Utilising the unified data sources, apply AI techniques to model and understand key influential behaviours / features amongst sub-sets of consumers.
- Develop a feature selection algorithm.
- Integrate the unified data sources and feature selection algorithms to create a VS Analytics Tool.
- Pilot VS Analytics Tool by evaluating a number of platform changes and their subsequent impact against a number of parameters e.g. sales, reduction in lost consumers etc.
- Evaluate and refine as necessary, work with Visualsoft teams to deploy tool.
Part B – Intelligent Client Enquiry Platform Development
- Undertake a comprehensive review / audit of current Visualsoft client ticketing system.
- Identify the most relevant factors contributing to high UX (satisfaction).
- Apply Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to analyse text data within client enquiries. Formulate an optimisation algorithm to prioritise client enquiry based on high relevant UX factors.
- Integrate optimisation algorithm with a User Interface to enable the development of a Client Enquiry System.
General – duties to be applied to Part A & B
- Support commercialisation and knowledge / capability embedding throughout Visualsoft
- Project management of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership work plan.
- Co-author and present academic papers to relevant journals/conferences.
- Adhere to the university’s health and sfety and equality and diversity policies and guidelines.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the grading of the post.
What we are looking for
- Programming skills in at least one development language (e.g. Matlab, Phython or R)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- A capacity for originality, independent and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to both lead and contribute to team working
- Project management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Results driven with an attitude focussed on delivery of tasks
- PhD in a relevant discipline such as AI or machine learning
- Knowledge of speech verification techniques
- Experience / knowledge of e-commerce platforms
MSc in a relevant discipline such as computing, software engineering, or data science
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Interview date: 11 March.
If you have questions please contact Gilly Hall: T: 01642 384068
N.B. You must outline your experience, skills and/or knowledge relevant to the above essential and desirable criteria in the ‘additional Information’ section of your online job application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 24/02/2019
Additional job details
(salary dependent on skills and experience)