As a result of our continuing success and growth within the sustainable energy market we are welcoming applications for our Craft Apprenticeship Programme.
Reporting to the Department Manager/Supervisor you will:
- Learn pipework fabrication and jointing techniques for industrial and commercial systems, including prefabricated and/or modularised components and distribution systems
- Develop your welding skills on a wide range of materials working towards a class one standard
- Carry out the installation of plumbing and heating systems including accurate measuring, marking, cutting, bending and jointing metallic and non-metallic pipework
- Understand and apply electro fusion jointing techniques on our heat networks
- Assist testing and commissioning activities on site
- Carry out planned energy centre and residential accommodation maintenance with our O&M teams
- Understand installation techniques for metering and billing solutions
- Understand H&S requirements and how to comply with safe working practices
- Looking for a career within a construction/building services environment
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Passionate and take pride in your work
- Good at problem solving
- Focused with attention to detail
- Able to travel and work away from home
- Have five GCSE’s at grades 9 - 4/A*- C including maths (grade B/6) English and science or their equivalent.
Upon successful completion of your Level 3 qualification its onwards and upwards as you progress towards your degree qualification in your chosen specialism with the full support of the Vital Team.
- Competitive salary - £14,000 upon commencement of apprenticeship with regular reviews throughout your training/employment (N.b London weighting will apply where applicable)
- Healthcare/EAP scheme
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Non-contributory death-in-service insurance
- 33 day holiday including Bank Holidays
- On-site gym and well-being facility at the head office
- All tools/PPE/Uniform supplied for relevant roles
On our three year Craft Programme you will study a Level 3 Building Services Engineering Craftsperson qualification which will be delivered at our VE Training Centre.
Training provider : Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
The apprenticeship programme involves attending College premises for tutorial sessions to gain the Level 3 Heating and Ventilating Craftsperson qualification. Functional skills if required.
Additional job details
- Scotland · Head Office – Blackburn – BB1 2LD; Scotland Office - ML4 3PR; London Office – EC1N 2LE
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment