As a result of our continuing success and growth within the sustainable energy market we are welcoming applications for our Technical Apprenticeship Programme.
Reporting to the Department Manager/Supervisor you will:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems within a building
- Use project management systems during the construction process in order to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Work alongside the commercial team to understand contractual agreements, review the financial performance of a project and support the procurement process
- Understand H&S requirements and how to comply with safe working practices
- Manage day to day activities on site which are relevant to your skills, training and experience
- Assist testing and commissioning activities on site
- Produce technical reports using engineering terminology
- Develop your communication skills by delivering health and safety tool box talks, liasing with subcontractors and producing project reports
- Looking for a career within a construction/building services environment
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Passionate and take pride in your work
- Good at problem solving
- Focused with attention to detail
- Able to travel and work away from home
- Have five GCSE’s at grades 9 - 4/A*- C including maths (grade B/6) English and science or their equivalent.
Upon successful completion of your Level 3 qualification its onwards and upwards as you progress towards your degree qualification in your chosen specialism with the full support of the Vital Team.
- Competitive salary - £14,000 upon commencement of apprenticeship with regular reviews throughout your training/employment (N.b London weighting will apply where applicable)
- Healthcare/EAP scheme
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Non-contributory death-in-service insurance
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- On-site gym and well-being facility at the Head Office
- All tools/PPE/Uniform supplied for relevant roles
On our Technical Apprenticeship Programme during years one and two you will study a Level 3 Building Services Design Technician qualification.
Training provider : Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
The apprenticeship programme involves attending College premises for tutorial sessions to gain the Level 3 in Building Services Design Technician. Functional Skills if required.
Additional job details
- Scotland · Head Office – Blackburn – BB1 2LD; Scotland Office - ML4 3PR; London Office – EC1N 2LE
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment