You’re Generation Possible. You’ve got ideas about making life better. At Vodafone, so do we. It’s how we made the UK’s first mobile call. And installed the moon’s first 4G network. Build a better future with us.
Join the Commercial stream of our Graduate Programme and you’ll discover a fresh, hungry team armed and ready to shape the future of Vodafone through strategy, creativity, Big Data, insights and analysis.
Wherever you work on this two-year rotational programme, you’ll be digital- and customer-focused, and at the forefront of commercial. You could choose to work on all kinds of future-shaping projects and areas, including:
Brand and Digital Marketing, communicating our difference and maintaining our market-leading position, working on brand campaigns or digital marketing, and balancing customer need with commercial targets.
Customer Experience and Operations, working in User Experience, Digital or Customer Care. You’ll cover every aspect of our multi-channel customer experience, from retail to app to website, making sure we deliver the best user experience to our customers.
Products and Services, with responsibility for planning, developing and enabling amazing products and services such as games and infotainment.
What’s in it for you
- A place at the core of our commercial business, close to Vodafone strategy
- An industry-leading company spanning countries around the world
- Business exposure and accountability from day one
- Personal development, including forward-thinking digital learning
- Support in fulfilling your potential and achieving your career goals
- Being part of a global graduate community
- 28 days’ annual leave, flexible working and a generous benefits package
Start date: September 2020
Duration of Programme: Two years
Location: The majority of rotations will be based in our London Global HQ. Some roles are based at our Newbury offices, so you must be prepared to travel between these locations.
You must also have the right to work in the UK.
What we are looking for
- A passion for working with people and an understanding of how getting it right relates to business success
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and reports
- Creativity, resilience and adaptability
- Hunger for development
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital x
- Strong academic performance
- Recently graduated (bachelor’s or master’s) within one year
- Proficient in English
2.2 (or equivalent) degree (achieved or predicted), ideally with digital marketing and business-related disciplines or modules.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019