About Wales Audit Office
The Wales Audit Office support the Auditor General as the public sector watchdog for Wales. Their mission is to let the people of Wales know whether public money is being managed wisely - or not. And they work closely with public bodies across Wales to help them understand how they can improve.
They audit the financial accounts of a number of bodies - in total there are more than 800 public sector organisations - including:
- The Welsh Government
- Welsh councils
- National Health Service bodies
- Assembly sponsored public bodies
- Welsh Police and Crime commissioners and Chief Constables
- National Parks.
- Report on how services are being delivered;
- assess whether value for money is achieved;
- check how organisations are planning and delivering improvements; and
- identify and share good practice, to help public bodies deliver better services
They employ around 260 staff and contractors with a variety of different skills and roles to deliver their work. While most of the staff work directly on audit, they also have staff working in areas such as business services, finance, HR, communications and IT. The main offices are located in Cardiff, Abergele and Penllergaer.
More information about the Wales Audit Office
public sector, accountancy, banking and finance