Our two-year graduate investments programme is your opportunity, as an enterprising, motivated recent graduate or Master's graduate, to help deliver Wellcome’s mission to improve health.
As an independent global charity we fund our grants and other activities from a £21 billion investment portfolio.
In your first year as a member of our investment team, you’ll learn the basics of financial markets and investment analysis. You'll also learn how Wellcome's long-term investment philosophy generates returns to support our mission.
In your second year you may be able to gain commercial experience working with one of the companies we invest in. Alternatively, you might work in another part of Wellcome that interests you – such as Innovations, Insight and Analysis or even Science.
Our programme suits people who can think on their feet, enjoy being challenged, and are motivated to try new things and contribute ideas to team discussions.
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. Wellcome is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. It supports scientists and researchers, takes on big problems, fuels imaginations and sparks debate.
- Building relationships - you’ll need to build relationships at all levels and demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills wherever you work
- Creativity and innovation - we’re looking for graduates who are keen to get to grips with a range of different challenges and bring a fresh perspective
- Initiative and drive - our mission is very ambitious: to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. We expect you to take the same approach to your own development, setting yourself high standards and striving to excel
- Flexibility and adaptability - during your time at Wellcome, you’ll experience a number of roles and variety of projects. So you'll need to be adaptable as you work with different teams - for example, paying close attention to detail but also being able to think about the bigger picture
- Delivering results - you should be able to make decisions, solve problems and see a task through to completion
- Presenting and communicating - We recognise the value of having a diversity of views around the table, including yours. You will be expected to contribute to our investment decision making process by formulating and expressing your opinion. Your work will involve analysing information, writing and presenting to a variety of audiences in a clear, concise and persuasive way.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Undergraduate or Master's degree (2:2 or above)
- Expect to graduate in 2017 or 2018
- Will be available from 3 September 2018
- Have the right to work in the UK.
Accepted degree subjects
Pension, free gym, subsidised restaurants, interest-free season ticket loan
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
The application process will consist of:
- an online application form, including situational judgement test
- a video interview
- an assessment centre, which will take place in December
- To find out more about this programme please register to attend our investments open evening on Thursday 12 October from 6pm - 8pm.
Closing date: 02/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 02/11/2017