Wellington College, one of the world’s leading coeducational day and boarding schools, have an exciting opportunity within their Human Resources Department for a Human Resources Intern starting with immediate affect (subject to pre-employment checks).
Whether seeking a placement year whilst studying for a degree in human resources, business sanagement or a related discipline or having recently graduated from university, this is a perfect opportunity for acquiring practical, hands on experience in a busy and key part of the College.
Whilst working with Wellington, you will have the chance to learn about the practical application of a variety of different HR disciplines such as recruitment and selection, employee relations, absence management and learning and development.
eam orientated with an adaptable can-do approach, we are particularly keen to hear from applicants who have an interest in the role that social media can play within the recruitment and selection process.
Throughout your time with us you will be mentored by a supportive and friendly team. Our excellent staff benefits include free lunch whilst on duty, subsidised membership to the Wellington Health and Fitness Club, contribution to Wellington personal pension scheme and access to a health cash plan.
What we are looking for
- Desire to pursue a career within the Human Resources field
- Sensitive and diplomatic approach when dealing with others
- Maintaining confidentiality, where appropriate
- Use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective dialogue with colleagues, staff, visitors and where applicable, pupils
- Organised and self-motivated, with a proven record for meeting targets and deadlines
- Able to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- Dedicated team-player, who strives for excellence and leads by example
- Tactful and discreet, whilst mindful of observing Safeguarding and professional standards
- Displays a smart and professional appearance, representing the College in a positive manner
- Reliable and stable
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, with an eagerness to learn new skills and a commitment to personal continuous professional development
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work alone without direction
- Adaptable and flexible with working patterns when required
- Committed to contributing towards the College community
- Good numeric and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential)
- Keen interest in the professional use of social media
- Awareness of Safeguarding requirements and good practice within an educational setting#
Applicants for any of the positions available at the College must be willing to undergo a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, reference checks with previous employers and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA check.
- Five+ GCSE A*-C, 4-9 or equivalent (English and maths essential)
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business management or a related discipline (either achieved or working towards)
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
For further details please, including how to apply, please click Apply button.
Applications close at 4pm on closing date.
Interviews to take place week commencing 13 August 2018
Please note that CVs must be accompanied by a fully completed and signed College application form.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 03/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 03/08/2018
Additional job details