Are you a proactive self-starter with a passion and drive to change the lives of children and young people? If so, the Link Worker role at West London Zone could be the role for you.
Link Workers are based in schools and work with families, teachers, other professionals and partner organisations to deliver the WLZ programme to young people over two years.
There are six key components to the Link Worker role:
- Build positive relationships with children, young people and families, developing a detailed understanding of each child on the WLZ programme
- Plan, manage and quality assure the programme of support delivered by WLZ’s partner organisations, ensuring that it complements what is on offer in the school, runs smoothly and supports children’s progress
- Plan and deliver tailored support programmes for individuals and small groups, responding to changing needs over the course of the programme
- Regularly engage with parents and carers and pro-actively connect families to opportunities in their community by listening to them and linking them to organisations, events and activities
- Support the children, young people and families to engage consistently with the programme of support so that they make progress towards positive outcomes
- Working with local services to ensure families get the additional support they need should they need it
What we are looking for
We welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, such as family support work, education, early years, social work, youth and community work, mentoring, or counselling.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- from £26,000
- Contract, dates and working times
Full-time · Part-time
How to apply
Applications close at 11.30pm on closing date.
More details about the benefits, values and roles at West London Zone are available in the job pack and the Join the Team page on our website.
- We expect to hold first round interviews in an online, group format in week commencing 7 June 2021.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to 1:1 interviews with the Delivery Director, Head of Link Work, and Deputy Head of Link Work. These are predicted to take place in week commencing 14 June. Interviews would either be F2F or via video call but will be in-line with the most up to date government guidance
- Final interviews will be held in week commencing 21 June.
If you have any questions please contact our friendly HR team
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 May 2021