William Grant & Sons’ three-year Graduate Development Programme is a rare and exciting opportunity to build a successful career, working alongside world-class industry leaders.
At William Grant & Sons, you will be empowered to excel in your role. We aim to be a home where rare characters thrive, and we value every employee for their skills, experience and perspectives.
Inspired by our independent spirit, we create our own legacy.
Our 2021 Graduate Development Programme will offer opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Technical or science degrees
Our three-year Graduate Development Programme has been specifically designed to build upon the knowledge and skills you gained during university life. We will immerse you in the spirit industry and guide you through exciting business experiences and unique project opportunities.
During your placements you will be given specific areas of responsibility which will equip you to become future leaders of our business. As a WG&S Graduate you will receive:
- a formal induction
- a structured programme covering different aspects of our organisation over the course of three, one year placements
- involvement in a variety of key business projects across our range of UK and Ireland locations
- access to senior management and industry leaders
- opportunities for personal and professional development and,
- support from team leaders, recent graduates already on the programme and mentors
Here at William Grant & Sons we are not only defined by our history but also inspired by the future. Our employees are at the heart of the business and everyone has a voice. Our flat organisational structure means that our owners and senior managers are accessible. Decisions are made quickly and new ideas and entrepreneurial thinking are embraced and rewarded. We want to attract the best people to learn and grow with our business.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
What we are looking for
Are you a recent graduate looking to build a successful career within a global business which has a goal to fulfil the ambitions of its employees?
Our ideal candidate will have a relevant technical degree and an interest in working in a hands-on role. They will be a self-starter with the ability to understand processes, build relationships and solve problems.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- computer sciences
- chemical engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12 October 2021