We’re offering two inspiring graduates the chance to gain hands-on experience in the food industry with our two year programme during which you will be studying for your professional accountancy qualifications. You will have two, 12 month placements; you will be developing your technical knowledge and skills, gaining invaluable experience in the industry to be hands on growing your food safety, food law, HACCP and BRC knowledge, crucially your role will be very real and you will have the chance to make a difference.
The William Jackson Food Group is a long-established family business with exciting plans for the future. We have a portfolio of successful food businesses which are thriving in their market areas.
- Jacksons makes bread for the sandwich market in the UK and abroad. The bakery also makes Jackson's Yorkshire's Champion Bread for sale in supermarkets.
- Aunt Bessie’s is the leading manufacturer of frozen Yorkshire Puddings in the UK and produces more than 20 million Yorkshire Puddings every week as well as a host of other accompaniments, meals and desserts.
- MyFresh supplies freshly prepared salad and vegetables to some of the UK’s leading convenience retailers, foodservice and food manufacturers.
- Abel & Cole is an online organic food delivery business which delivers a wide range of groceries to thousands of homes across the country every week.
- The Food Doctor is a healthy snacking and bread products brands, selling across major retailers as well as specialist health retail outlets.
We strive to be a business to be proud of and have strong values which we adhere to, including consideration, integrity, commitment, openness and boldness. We also look after our people and work hard to ensure that the trust and confidence they demonstrate by working for us is justified. We want to attract and develop the best people who share our passion and values.
You will need to have great communication skills, able to talk to non technical people in a way that they will understand what you are saying from a technical perspective. You will need to be tenacious and have good time management as you will be sent on a variety of courses including HACCP/ TACCP/ Audit and will need to demonstrate the learnings gained from the courses and be able to put your learning into action.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We welcome applications from students who have completed a first degree or masters with any pass grade / discipline, ideally with some food science / food technolgy.
Accepted degree subjects
Mobile phone, laptop plus assistance to relocate if required
London · North West England · Yorkshire and the Humber
Contract and working hours
Temporary · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Closing date: 02/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 11/12/2016