The greatest asset of most organisations is their people. In an era of rapidly-developing technology, greater workforce mobility and increasing customer demands, having a cohesive human capital strategy is crucial for business success.
In Talent and Rewards, we help clients deliver strong business results by ensuring that they have the right people in the right places, doing the right things, at the right cost. Through a combination of advice, data and software, we deliver solutions that help organisations improve their business performance through their people.
High-performing businesses cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From job architecture to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data and analytics, unearthing new ways to attract, engage and retain talent.
Our clients are varied – we advise organisations across all industries, from financial services to retail, telecommunications and energy. In the UK, we advise many of the world’s leading and largest companies and often interact with our offices around the world to provide a truly global service offering. We provide invaluable advice to businesses at some of the most exciting and critical moments in their lifecycle, when employee engagement and retention is crucial.
Our Reward consultants use a combination of consulting approaches and technology solutions to help clients with pay and incentive design, job levelling and architecture solutions to provide a cohesive reward strategy.
Graduates on our Reward Consulting Graduate Programme have the opportunity to work in three key practices in the Reward line of business: Executive Compensation, Global Financial Services and Reward (practice).
- In our Executive Compensation practice, our consultants work with boards of directors, compensation committees and management to get all elements of executive pay right.
- Our Global Financial Services practice focuses on providing compensation and reward expertise, world-class compensation studies, data analytics and integrated solutions to clients ranging from major universal banks to niche financial services firms.
- Our Reward (practice) consultants provide strategy, design and delivery support to help our clients reward their people appropriately and fairly.
As a Reward graduate, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects, serving as a key resource for the leading consultant on each of your engagements. You will be encouraged to develop as broad an understanding of our client solutions as possible by supporting across multiple, complex projects. You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments, which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry experience while you benefit from more structured formal training.
As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client and gradually begin to take responsibility for deliverables and client relationships across a range of sectors and geographies. You will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants on cross-industry client projects including many household names: FTSE 100 and 250 clients, privately-held companies and public service organisations.
Typical work for a Reward Analyst might include:
- Conducting reviews of executive pay design to ensure they are competitive and support drivers of attraction, retention and engagement
- Developing pay philosophy, salary structure design, pay ranges and pay-for-performance analysis
- Global grade levelling (utilising our propriety methodology), an analytical process that determines the relative value of roles in an organisation, providing the absolute foundations for reward and talent management processes
- Providing Remuneration Committee Support, advising on executive compensation strategy
- Assisting clients with Directors’ Remuneration Report drafting
- Running compensation risk assessments utilising our industry-leading compensation software tools
- Designing and implementing career frameworks, developing job families and role profiles
- Designing, modelling and implementing high-impact sales incentive programmes, clarifying sales processes, roles and sales organisational design
- Working with companies to understand and qualify their compensation strategy using data analytics, regulatory research and financial trends
- Supporting clients with corporate governance, regulatory reviews and trends updates
- Providing clients with market benchmarking on a number of pay elements including base pay, executive benefits, short and long-term incentive plans and total reward, using a variety of sources such as disclosed data and survey data
Qualifications and training
We have a focused 12-month training programme for graduates joining Talent and Rewards, which is called LEAP. LEAP is designed to give you an insight into our business, and help you develop the consulting, practical and technical skills you need to succeed at Willis Towers Watson.
We continue to invest in our people and you will have regular opportunities for training throughout your career with us – both on the job and through more formal classroom sessions. Consultants are not required to have a particular qualification; therefore the wide variety of external qualifications we do support are determined by the needs of the business and the individual’s interests.
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the end of August / early September 2019.
What we are looking for
You are required to have good problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills, as you will be interacting with clients from the beginning.
Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 01/02/2019
Additional job details