Wine Intelligence was founded in 2001 to help the global wine industry understand its customers better. Today the company conducts insights and consultancy projects with trade and consumer respondents in 36 countries and is recognised as the world’s leading research-led insights, branding and marketing strategy consultancy for the wine sector. We serve an active client base of over 100, including governments, multi-national drinks businesses, retailers and brand owners.
In 2005 the company was named as one of the ten best start-up businesses in the UK in the HSBC Startup Stars Awards, and in 2009 was short-listed for International Business of the Year in the T-Mobile Fast Company Growth Awards. In December 2012 we were a finalist in the “Best Place to Work” category of the Market Research Society Awards. In 2013 the company was accredited by the Market Research Society to provide training and preparation for the MRS Advanced Certificate.
The business comprises a team of 17 permanent staff in London, plus offices in Avignon, Sydney Valladolid plus additional freelance associates, who work on a project-by-project basis.
This role is focused on the quantitative side of the business, working within a dedicated team that designs, conducts and executes primary analysis of quantitative consumer surveys within Vinitrac, the world’s largest and longest-running dedicated wine consumer survey platform.
Your role will include:
- Questionnaire design and programming
- Survey management and quota control
- Data cleaning, editing and quality control
- Exporting data into analysis platforms of SPSS, Q and Excel
- Analysing data and liaising with project managers to deliver accurate, appropriate and user-friendly insights reports and data tables
What we offer
- The opportunity to progress within a fast-growing multinational organisation
- Travel opportunities to our offices in Spain, Australia and France
- Personalised education and training plan to enhance research and/or wine knowledge
- Full immersion in the global wine industry
- Performance-related bonus worth up to 10% of salary
- No dull moments
What we are looking for
Candidates should have:
- First-hand knowledge and understanding of market or social research practices and techniques, either in an academic or commercial context
- Strong working knowledge of quantitative research techniques
- Advanced data analysis skills and project organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English
- Advanced abilities in Excel, SPSS, Q and equivalent data analysis software
- Ability to work to a high standard to the deadlines typical of a commercial research organisation
The following attributes are not essential but would be beneficial:
- First-hand experience in the wine industry
- Fluency in foreign languages, especially Spanish, French, Italian, German, Mandarin
- Understanding of database management
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- London · Wine Intelligence offices, London SE1
- £26-32k per year
Up to 10% of salary as bonus + Five weeks paid annual leave
How to apply
Strictly no agencies please.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 December 2020