As a graduate with the largest pure pension’s consultancy in the UK, you’ll be exposed to a variety of work with a range of clients and won’t be constrained by hierarchies. You won’t just be crunching the numbers, you’ll be delivering the advice and seeing it implemented. You’ll be doing detailed calculations and developing high-level checking systems. You’ll be utilising our industry-leading models and designing your own. You won’t just be working in one team, you’ll be working with a range of different people and different departments.
We are looking for an Assistant Consultant that will excel in this advisory role. This requires excellent communication skills, a passion about investments together with drive and enthusiasm. We want someone who is unafraid to express a view and can express their view clearly, thereby contributing to the investment ideas we rely on to achieve our aims. We want to help you reach your potential and be the best that you can be. By joining XPS you will be involved in a wide variety of work. You’ll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly. In addition, you’ll want to be, or already studying for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams or actuarial (IFoA) exams We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way - we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
In addition, we will support you through an apprenticeship scheme to start you on a path of becoming an Investment Consultant. We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way - we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To promote and adhere to the XPS workplace values.
- Assist clients solve their challenges and best meet their objectives including but not limited to:
- Drafting written advice to clients on a wide range of topics
- Effectively delivering that advice to clients in meetings
- Regular liaising and communicating within the team, other departments in XPS, investment managers and clients
- Helping to monitor funds, managers and their performance
- Risk analysis and modelling to help our clients better understand and manage risks relative to their return and other objectives
- Assisting with implementing investment strategies including asset transitions support alongside our specialist asset transitions team. (Note: we do not manage any money for our clients or undertake any trading.)
- Contributing to the continuous debate about how we do an even better job for our clients (e.g. new investment ideas or ways to communicate investment concepts).
- Working as part of a team, initially to assist consulting leads but progressing to checking and communicating directly with clients at the appropriate time for you
- Involved in manager and fund research in an area which interests you
- Opportunity to be further involved in other areas of personal interest (e.g. Environmental Social and Governance / modelling)
- Study for and take CFA or IFoA exams
We offer an attractive reward package; typical benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension plan
- Flexible benefits scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering security and protection, health and wellbeing, lifestyle
- Life assurance cover
- XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
Additional job details
- City of Westminster
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2021