We are looking for an Assistant Consultant with fantastic IT skills to join our advisory team. You will support all our investment models and tools as well as build and develop new ones. This requires excellent communication skills, Visual Basic skills, a passion about investments together with drive and enthusiasm.
We want someone who can create robust, sometimes complex models and tools that can be easily understood and used by a wide team of people. We also want someone who is unafraid to express a view and can express their view clearly, thereby contributing to the investment ideas we rely on to achieve our aims.
We want to help you reach your potential and be the best that you can be. By joining XPS you will be involved in a wide variety of work. You’ll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly.
In addition, we will support you through an apprenticeship scheme to start you on a path of becoming an Investment Consultant (IT). We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way - we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To promote and adhere to the XPS workplace values.
- Assist with the development of and support for all the tools and models within the practice, including but not limited to:
- Contributing to idea generation and debate around what tools and models we want and need
- Creating and testing new tools as required
- Supporting and updating existing tools
- Workflow and Project management, taking responsibility for completion of your work, working directly with senior members of the investment team and IT
- Developing a good understanding of relevant technical issues and the coding that is required to implement improved solutions to our client teams, ensuring work is reviewed and ensuring completion of tools documentation and user instructions
- Developing internal standard processes and models, identifying new ways for the team to work more efficiently
- Development of solutions for individual clients or groups of clients as new ideas and propositions are developed
- Communicating with and training teams on new and existing tools
- Regular liaising with other departments in XPS to ensure our models and tools are joined up, efficient and maximise the benefit to clients and XPS as a whole
- Working as part of a team, but with a strong ability to take personal responsibility for progressing project.
We offer an attractive reward package; typical benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension plan
- Flexible benefits scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering security and protection, health and wellbeing, lifestyle
- Life assurance cover
- XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
Additional job details
- City of Westminster
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2021