As a graduate with the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK, you’ll be exposed to a variety of work with a range of clients and won’t be constrained by hierarchies. You won’t just be crunching the numbers, you’ll be delivering the advice and seeing it implemented. You’ll be doing detailed calculations and developing high-level checking systems. You’ll be utilising our industry-leading models and designing your own. You won’t just be working in one team, you’ll be working with a range of different people and different departments.
We are looking for a graduate that will excel in this advisory role. This requires excellent communication skills, a passion to learn about actuarial concepts, together with drive and enthusiasm.
We want someone who is unafraid to express a view and can do so clearly, thereby contributing to the ideas we rely on to achieve our aims.
We want to help you reach your potential and be the best that you can be. By joining XPS you will be involved in a wide variety of work. You’ll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly.
In addition, we will support you through an apprenticeship scheme to complete the actuarial (IFoA) exams.
We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way - we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To promote and adhere to the XPS values
- Working as part of a team to assist clients solve their challenges and best meet their objectives.
- Production of complex actuarial models and calculations
- Drafting written advice to clients on a wide range of topics including Defined Benefit & Defined Contribution Schemes.
- Effectively delivering that advice to clients in meetings
- Regular liaison and communication with the client team, other departments in XPS, investment managers and clients
- Working with clients on complex bespoke projects, such as benefit design, member option exercises, scheme mergers, buying out benefits with insurance companies and wind-up projects.
- Initially your role would be to assist client team leaders but progressing to reviewing the work of others and communicating directly with clients at the appropriate time for you.
- Opportunity to get involved in specialist research and development teams in an area that interests you. These teams provide resources and ideas for the wider team.
- Study for IFoA exams
We offer an attractive reward package; typical benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension plan
- Flexible benefits scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering security and protection, health and wellbeing, lifestyle
- Life assurance cover
- XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2021