The Upshot Account and Support Manager will be responsible for working with the Upshot team to deliver high quality customer service to all Upshot clients. They will manage the implementation of the Upshot system for new clients, deal with customer support queries and manage contract renewals for existing clients. As Upshot is run like a social enterprise within the Football Foundation, with all profits going back into the Foundation, this role enables the candidate to work closely with a range of different charities, sport and non-sport, to help and support them to collect good data and better measure the impact of their community work.
The Account and Support Manager will also work on a range of different business areas such as account management, business development, marketing and software development. The role is varied and provides the unique opportunity to learn the many different skills needed to run a tech start up, under the umbrella of a sports charity. They will help produce Upshot’s online help guides, deliver training and workshops all around the country as well as online through webinars, and assist with improving efficiency within the team. The role will also involve other key activities beyond Upshot, such as working with the other Football Foundation departments and occasionally liaising with our Funding Partners.
Starting: July/August 2018.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have some experience of web-based software applications and the not-for-profit sector. You will have a keen eye for detail and be comfortable with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and Powerpoint. Some track record of account management and customer service is essential and an interest in the sport/sport for development sector is welcomed.
We are looking for someone who has good writing skills, and the ability to cope in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment whilst managing multiple projects. Any previous experience of monitoring and evaluation is a plus and additional languages are a bonus but not essential.
- Web-based software applications (desirable)
- The not-for-profit sector, including local authorities, housing associations, universities and colleges (desirable)
- Sports development and/or sport for development including national governing bodies, county sports partnerships and sport clubs (desirable)
- Monitoring and evaluation, impact measurement, data collection (desirable)
- Microsoft products including Excel (essential)
- Delivering training to a range of audiences (desirable)
- Providing client and user support and account management (essential)
- Sales, marketing and utilising social media in a professional context (desirable)
Skills and abilities (essential)
- A huge desire to learn, develop quickly and provide collegial support to other members of the Upshot team
- Creative ability, problem solving skills, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build great relationships and partnerships with individuals and organisations
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a range of audiences through various media
- Ability to prioritise work regularly and balance the pressures of implementation, customer service and training
- Project management skills
- Additional languages desirable but not essential
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
If you are inspired by the work of the Foundation and Upshot, and are attracted by this opportunity, please send us (via the Apply button):
Your CV and a covering letter explaining how your experience and expertise would meet our needs and why you think people and the organisations would like to use Upshot.
We encourage all applicants to complete the automated equality and diversity monitoring form. This confidential form helps the Football Foundation build up a picture of who is applying to join the organisation.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 24/06/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||One|
Potential to earn £24,000 OTE, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), flexible core working hours, a generous pension scheme