We are looking to recruit actuarial trainees to join our insurance teams starting in the summer of 2020.
As a Lloyds Banking Group actuarial trainee you will join our Actuarial Graduate Programme and study towards becoming a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA). Our proven, market leading, study support and mentoring package will provide to you with the help you need to progress quickly through the IFoA exams: at Lloyds Banking Group our exam pass rates are consistently above the actuarial profession’s average.
You will also get the opportunity to experience a wide range of actuarial disciplines via the Actuarial Graduate Programme’s rotation scheme ensuring that you develop the skills needed to become a highly skilled and expert actuary. These include: modelling, pricing, reporting, business strategy, investment strategy, asset and liability management, assumption setting and capital management. Our rotation scheme also provides the option to move between our main hubs in Edinburgh and Bristol.
By joining Lloyds Banking Group you’ll benefit from ongoing career and personal development with a comprehensive package that includes a competitive salary, bonus, generous pension, market leading study support, regular rotations, share save initiatives and a wide ranging suite of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your own needs.
What we are looking for
• A strong desire to pursue a career as an actuary (qualification takes around five to six years on average);
• Ambitious, resilient, individuals who learn and adapt quickly
• Inquisitive strategic thinkers who care passionately about our customers
• Excellent problem solvers and communicators who work well with others;
• A strong academic record with at least a 2:1 degree; and
• A-Level or Scottish Higher Mathematics at a minimum grade C (or equivalent) if you do not have a Mathematical or Actuarial Science degree
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- mechanical engineering
- accounting and finance
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
We may close this application earlier but no later than 10 November; early applications may improve your chances of success.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 5 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 November 2019