On our two-year bus management graduate programme, you won’t be spending much time behind a desk. It’s important for you to experience all parts of our business, so you’ll learn about different areas of operations management by being immersed in a garage or depot and working directly with our drivers and team members. You’ll first learn to drive a bus, after all that’s what our business is all about.
The role is hands-on – we trust our employees so you’ll be given plenty of work to do, not just shadowing others. You’ll be involved in a number of projects and be personally responsible for making sure they are completed. It’s also incredibly varied – you can expect shift-work, and you may be in the driving seat of a bus one day and coordinating a project the next. You’ll be making big decisions that will immediately impact the people travelling on our network each day.
Your career is important to you and to us; we see you as the next generation of Go-Ahead leaders, so we offer mentoring and support to help you develop. Realistically, we expect you to become a senior manager within five years.
What Go-Ahead can offer you:
- A full induction to the group and hosting operating company
- Membership to the Young Bus Managers’ Network
- Real responsibility – you’ll be managing teams, dealing with operational challenges and making significant decisions
- Full support from mentors and specialists to develop your operations management and leadership skills
- Opportunities to develop and excel – we spend £22million per year on training, so make the most of what is on offer
- Career progression – a senior manager role within five years
- Free travel on Go-Ahead services
Starting: September 2018.
What we are looking for
- A positive attitude and the ability to inspire confidence in and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - clear, concise and engaging
- A customer focus, keen to deliver for Go-Ahead’s vast network of bus users
- The ability to work with team members at all levels and deal with members of the public
- Forward-thinking, innovative ideas to drive the business forward
- Resilience and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Skills in problem-solving, analysis and dealing with ambiguous data
- Organisation, methodical thinking, and an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A collaborative approach – keen to share knowledge and skills
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Determination to succeed and develop yourself personally and professionally
- Full UK driving licence
- An interest in transport and the bus industry
- The right to work in the UK
Must be a graduate with a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in any subject.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please email Kylie via the Apply button and include your CV and a cover letter.
Your cover letter must include answers to the following questions:
- Outside university, what is your greatest achievement?
- What is the one thing you would change about the transport industry?
- Which of the three locations would you like to apply for? (East Anglia, Poole/South Coast, Brighton and Hove)
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22/07/2018
Additional job details