Chesterfield Special Cylinders Ltd (CSC) is looking to recruit a high quality, ambitious graduate to form a key part of the succession plan in a growing finance team. While this is fundamentally a management accountant role at its core, we require an analytically minded individual who understands data and how to transform it into information.
Reporting to the finance manager, the individual will be responsible for a number of key areas:
- Preparation of the month end management accounts for the UK, German and US companies
- Developing analytics in line with Industry 4.0 concepts
- Assisting with the implementation of system developments, including a possible ERP system implementation
- Involvement in cost reduction and efficiency improvement activities across the business
CSC is an award winning employer with a commitment to develop its people. Consistent with this, full study support to facilitate attainment of CIMA qualification will be offered with the role, once the initial probation period has been completed.
CSC supplies a range of high-pressure gas cylinder systems into the defence, oil and gas and industrial gases markets. The defence market is now the mainstay of the business, where the Division has over 80 years of experience in providing cylinders and services to major naval and military aerospace customers. This heritage in a highly demanding market, makes CSC the natural choice for cutting edge product development, as evidenced by the award of cylinder design for the Royal Navy’s Dreadnought class submarine, Trident’s successor as part of the renewal of the UK’s independent nuclear deterrent. The company is also highly involved in emergent renewable energy markets, especially hydrogen related fueling technology. Additionally, the company actively produces products for the Indian government’s space programme, supplying gas containment systems for the expansion of launch pad provision in the sub-continent.
- Excellent academic record to honours standard in a numerate/analytical subject
- Demonstrable interest in business, perhaps through a placement/internship
- Enthusiasm to learn and a desire to challenge the status quo
- The ability to communicate ideas and work with people from varying backgrounds across the business
- Preferably an interest in engineering
- Knowledge of SQL and databases in general an advantage
Accepted degree subjects
physics · economics · information science and librarianship · mathematics · aerospace engineering · business and management studies · geology and geographical science · mechanical engineering · chemistry · accounting and finance · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering
CIMA study package included
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: 31/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 27/03/2018