The Charles River Graduate Training Programme (Technical Stream) will provide recent technical graduates the opportunity to complete a one year rotational programme that offers the foundation needed to become a Client Services professional at Charles River. As part of this programme the successful participants will be introduced to working with global clients in a complex technical and business environment while learning the fundamentals of Charles River’s core product and associated investment management strategies.
This programme will enable participants to:
- Achieve Stage 1 CISI certification
- Gain in-depth product knowledge at a broad level on both configuration and use of the Charles River Investment Management Solution.
- Develop their hands on technical skills including development in Java#; and database skills.
- Become familiar with industry terminology, general investment workflows & different asset classes
- Develop strong skills in development, problem-solving, application support, project management, relationship building, business communication and client support and consultancy.
- Get exposure to the challenges of working with complex global clients
Upon successful completion of the programme, Associates will eligible to transition in to a permanent role in either Application Support (Technical), Technical Implementation or SaaS Operations depending on their skillset, performance and knowledge.
Charles River Development (CRD) is a global leader in the investment management technology Industry. A privately held company founded in 1984, Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets.
Charles River at a glance:
- One third of the world's managed securities - our clients manage $25 Trillion across multiple business lines in our platform every day.
- We support more thatn 25000 professionals world wide.
- We serve half of the top 100 Global firms.
- 40% of our employee work in R&D. We invest heaving to help clients grow and retain assets through continuous innovation.
- Honours degree in a technical discipline, ideally in one of the following areas: technology/computer science, engineering
- Strong Analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and hands on development experience in Java and/or C#
- Database expeerience - SQL preferred but Oracle considered.
- Customer oriented; ability to effectively engage with internal and external customers.
- Successful track record of meeting deadlines
- Collaborative team player.
- Self-starter; proactive individual with excellent time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of/interest in Trading & Investment Management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Accepted degree subjects
computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering
20 days holiday; private medical and dental insurance; income protection and life insurance; employee assistance programme; corporate gym membership scheme
City of London
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
01/11/2017 · Winter
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Multiple
Please confirm the following information when submitting your application:
- Will you be available to attend a Graduate Assessment Day in early September at our offices in London?
- If successful will you be available to commence employment in November 2017.
- If successful you will be required to spend a total of six weeks in our US office attending Charles River Unversity. Is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to attend ?
Closing date: 31/08/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/08/2017