Place2Be offers Counselling Placements for counsellors or therapists across the UK.
Our Counselling Placements offer a great opportunity to work with children in a safe therapeutic setting within a primary school or secondary school. Through talking, creative work and play, our counsellors provide children with the opportunity to be heard and to express their feelings.
Your Counselling Placement structure
- One day a week in a school, term time only.
- During school hours - 8.30am - 4.30pm. Half day placements are available in some areas.
- We recruit for Counsellors on Placement all year round, so you are able to start your placement at any time during the academic year.
You can help us reach thousands of vulnerable children across the UK.
View the full list of the schools we work in.
What Place2Be offers you
- A well-structured placement in a primary or secondary school
- Clinical hours towards Accreditation
- On-site, same-day supervision from a clinically qualified School Project Manager
- Developmental training before you start your placement, and access to a variety of free high quality clinical workshops once you have started
- Career opportunities – more than two thirds of our clinical team started as Counsellors on Placement with us, and as a growing charity there is lots of potential to start an exciting career!
- A commitment to provide equal opportunities for everyone. Read our full Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Criminal record checks
Placements involve one-to-one work with children in schools, so we arrange for all of our Counsellors on Placement to have enhanced disclosure checks of criminal records.
What we are looking for
To take up a clinical placement, you will need to be studying towards one of the following qualifications
- Diploma in Counselling (Level 4 or above)
- Degree or Masters in Counselling, Counselling/Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy or Art Therapy
On a counselling course that is adult focused but want to develop skills and experience working with children? The Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children (Practice) is a great way to gain an accredited qualification and work with children on placement.
We also welcome qualified counsellors, therapists or clinical/counselling psychologists who are willing to give their time to support our valuable work.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details