We’re tails.com – experts in keeping dogs happy and healthy. We do that by creating a unique tails.com recipe for each and every dog, asking owners a few simple questions – and then delivering straight to the door. It’s radical stuff. Join, and you’ll be right at the heart of a business that’s changing the world of pet food for good.
A tasty recipe
Listening closely. Understanding what customers and their dogs need. Solving problems. Making decisions. Those are the secrets to getting it right every time – hearing what each customer has to say, then working out how we’ll make them utterly delighted. That’s not exaggerating. Our whole business is built around phenomenal service – putting you right at the heart of one of the most successful start-ups around. From logistics to tech, you’ll get to see every part of our business from the customer’s perspective. And you’ll be working with our Nutrition and Veterinary Teams to deliver the right nutrition in a taste each dog loves.
How you can help us achieve this
You love dogs, and working with our French customers to solve their requests puts a smile on your face. You are either a qualified veterinary nurse (or technician!) or have a background in animal science, with an interest in pet nutrition and you are looking for the opportunity to develop this field of knowledge.
You’ll be helping to pave the way into new markets by getting to know our French customers and being part of our Customer Experience Team (both French and UK), feeding insights back into the company - helping us to be the best we can be. Over time as your knowledge builds and the market grows, there will be the opportunity to develop into a Nutrition Specialist, finding new ways to support our customers.
On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work. (Breakfast, drinks and the dog-friendly office in Richmond help too.)
- Answering customer queries via our different channels in French. From account updates to delivery questions to nutrition queries - listen closely and understand what customer needs, then autonomously offering them a solution.
- Effectively communicate in English to other teams within tails.com when required
- Growing your nutrition knowledge over time by working with the Nutrition team. Helping to make recommendations on their dog’s diet and tailoring their dog’s feeding plan to suit their health needs.
- Being effective in everything you do while always asking “How can we do this better?”.
- Love dogs! Making our customers feel part of the tails.com family.
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
- Reward - we offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
- Learn – you’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
- Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (nine hours in total)
- Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your second year anniversary and 27 on your third year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year
- Family - extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
- Eat – free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays
- Social – regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Health– discounted gym membership and health, dental and optical insurance
- Pension - pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
- Travel – interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
- Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
- Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
- Time to bond – we offer a pooch plan which means you get extra flexibility in the first weeks of owning a dog, or if your dog is unwell
What we are looking for
- Passionate about nutrition and getting it right for every dog because no two dogs or their owners are the same
- Hold a degree in Animal Science, Zoology, Applied Biology or similar
- Qualified vet nurse or Auxiliaire Spécialisé Vétérinaire (preferred but not essential)
- Methodical, love the detail and never miss a trick
- Have superb oral and written skills in French and English, and can clearly communicate with customers and cross-functionally at tails.com
- Happy and confident to work in a team but enjoy having your own autonomy as well
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can quickly adapt to change
- Passionate about learning and driven when it comes to your own development
Accepted degree subjects
- medicine and surgery
- biology and life sciences
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- nursing and midwifery
- animal care and veterinary science
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
Generous share awards, free dog food for your dog.
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment