Main responsibilities/key duties
- Building predictive models in python.
- Managing, cleaning, and enriching data.
- Feature engineering.
- Standing up models on cloud platforms and advising clients on how to do the same.
- Creating advisory products that our clients can use to enrich their data.
- R&D to ensure that we stay at the top of our competitors.
- Experience in the insurance industry is not a requirement at all.
This role will initially be a back-office role with client contact limited to consulting with technical peers from other companies on how to best use the models and products that we have created.
Your career progression will see you develop into a consultant who will support the delivery of projects, and then a senior consultant who will design and lead solutions for our clients.
- Starting salary of £40k + bonus + dividend share, ensuring you are well rewarded.
- 32 days holiday plus public holidays, ensuring you work hard but are well rested.
- Work from home with equipment support provided.
- Wide diversity of interesting and cutting-edge work with no BAU.
- No heavy management structures, no micromanagement, no office politics.
- Private health care & death in service provided.
- Coursera membership for all employees to keep their skills fresh.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can work as a data scientist to develop predictive models and advisory products. These models will primarily be non-linear (GBMs), but we also require that you know how to build linear models and neural networks and that you can stand them up on a cloud server (GCP / AWS / Azure).
You are likely to be working as an entry level analyst or data scientist in your first role or having just graduated from university. Your course training should be fresh in your mind, and you should be eager to begin a career in being able to use your skills to develop world class market leading models. However any level of experience is welcome to apply.
Insurance is an arms race so beyond someone who is highly skilled in building models we need someone who is creative, diligent, persevering, and constantly challenges themselves to be better. You must also be able to listen to advice and to follow a plan because as a company we often have a high expectation from our clients and tight timescales.
Knowledge of how to build an MLOps environment is an advantage but not essential.
This role is fully remote so we need someone who is able to handle their time well without constant supervision or micromanagement.
- Masters degree desirable but not required, but should be in a related field.
- Bachelors in a data science or computer science related degree (2:1 minimum).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Fully remote
- West Sussex
- £40,000 plus
plus bonus and dividend share 32 days holiday and public holidays; work from home with equipment support provided. Private health care & death in service Coursera membership; company pension
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 1 September 2022
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 August 2022