Do you have excellent numerical skills, with experience of using statistical or predictive techniques? Are you a recent graduate or final year Masters or PhD Student? Do you want to be part of a successful, leading research team?
The Leeds Institute for Data Analytics (LIDA) is offering a number of internships to help to drive research activity across each of LIDA’s constituent areas: health informatics, urban analytics, statistical and mathematical methods, and visualisation and immersive technologies.
The LIDA internship programme provides an outstanding opportunity to develop skills that are in high demand, both nationally and globally, within a growing, state-of-the-art facility. Our offer to interns includes the chance to:
- Own delivery of data science project(s) and get hands-on technical experience using real data;
- Establish links with project partners (internal or external) and work to provide solutions to real-world challenges;
- Build skills and knowledge in advanced analytics, not only through mentorship and applied research, but also through on-site training opportunities in statistical analysis, visualisation, research methods and computer programming;
- Work alongside leading scholars as part of the LIDA team and gain valuable work experience.
What we are looking for
You will be a recent undergraduate, Master’s or PhD student in a relevant field and will have excellent numerical skills that may have been gained in the context of quantitative social science, computing, mathematics/statistics, medical bioinformatics or population studies.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please note: Due to the current Government Coronavirus lockdown and social distancing measures, it is expected that relevant work within these roles will be done remotely within the UK while these restrictions are in place.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 July 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 17 July 2020