Vehicle Movement Exchange UK Ltd T/A Engineius and School of Computing and Business School at Birmingham City University’s (BCU) are looking to appoint a Digital Business & Data Analyst Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP Associate) with specialist expertise around developing intelligent software systems (integrating Machine learning techniques). Particular value will be placed on those candidates who have a strong background in Software Engineering , Data Science, Logistics & Transportation Management.
Engineius' mission is to make vehicle movement easy. To do this, they designed and launched an "on-demand" service for moving vehicles across the UK. Since its launch, Engineius has acquired over 70 fleet customers across all major sectors, including Hertz, Sixt, Enterprise, Hitachi, Arval, British Gas, The AA, The RAC, Dennis Buyacar, BT Fleet, Jardine and Royal Mail.
The successful graduate will be employed by Birmingham City University and will be based at the company in Alpha Tower in Birmingham (B1 1TT). They will be supported by academics from BCU's School of Computing and Business School. The position is for 24 months. The expected start date is as soon as is practical.
- Analysis of the current business model and the skills of the schedulers
- Design Engineius Integrated Technology Platform (EITP) AI architecture
- EITP development, testing and deployment
- Assist the existing Engineius research and development team with the development of new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and prototypes, as part of their new business development process.
- Training Engineius staff and knowledge embedding
- Manage in-house production of prototypes and products, as required.
- Research novel applications of AI to solve optimisation problems in Transportation
- Responsible for the operational management of the project.
- Hold a degree in Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
- Master’s candidates with a degree in Logistics Management, Transportation Management, Data Analysis, Operations Research or a related subject are also welcome
- Relevant, practical hands-on, high degree of experience in modern Software Engineering and Data Engineering practices, along with expertise in developing and implementing Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence based solutions.
- A strong record of accomplishment of managing projects to successful completion.
- An organised approach to work with the ability work on own initiative
Able to demonstrate
- Strong knowledge and skills in developing systems for the intelligent optimisation of logistic/transportation processes.
- Specialised knowledge of digital technologies, associated equipment, processes and techniques.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate and present effectively to all levels.
- An organised approach to work with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise different tasks efficiently.
Some applicants may require sponsorship from the University and a visa from UKVI to take up the role if successful. More information on this can be found here.
Some roles are not capable of sponsorship because they do not meet the UKVI criteria relating to skill and salary level. If you are unsure as to whether you would require sponsorship if successful, or whether the role is capable of sponsorship, please contact us: RTinbox@bcu.ac.uk
Please note on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
- information science and librarianship
- computer sciences
Additional job details
How to apply
Shortlisting: Monday 22 November
Interviews: week commencing 6 December
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21 November 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21 November 2021