Right now we're looking for Project Management Degree Apprentices to join our team in London. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You'll work with project managers in the management of projects from the beginning through planning, design, construction and handover. This will involve developing detailed plans for the delivery of projects and oversee progress during implementation. The projects you will work on will be developing our city regions and providing vital infrastructure for future generations. You'll be working collaboratively with teams of specialists to solve complex problems, assisting with the preparation and management of contracts and coordinating project resources.
The projects can be very varied in size, location and complexity. For example, they may involve highways, bridges, airports, ports, rail schemes, major buildings and site development projects in the UK and internationally.
As an Apprentice, Arup will develop your competencies in the following areas:
- Project control
- Risk / opportunity and issue management
- Budgeting and cost management
- Information management and reporting
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Client focus
- Managing project scope
- Managing project schedule, quality and resources
- Problem solving
These skills will be developed through practical on-the-job training, working with experienced commercial and project managers across the business and classroom-based training.
You will be assigned a mentor within your team who you will work and liaise closely with you in your day-to-day work.
What we look for
We're looking for committed individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in Project Management and deliver excellent services for our clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- 3 A-levels at grade C or above, or relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above
- Enthusiasm for learning and a willingness to achieve professional qualification
- Good numerical skills when working with numbers, spreadsheets and graphical information
- Ability to work well with other people
- Excellent communication skills within a team and external clients
- Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise projects
- Interest in using computers for planning & design work, analysis, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
How to apply
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2019 to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 03/05/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 03/05/2019
Additional job details