The Lincolnshire Chalk Streams Project (LCSP) is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to support the team. This is an exciting opportunity for a volunteer to gain work experience within a supportive working environment.
The post holder will work alongside the Lincolnshire Chalk Streams Project staff to support them in the delivery of a Heritage Lottery Fund grant funded project 'Engaging the Lincolnshire Community with their chalk stream heritage'. The post holder will be supported with a budget to undertake relevant recognised training and purchase personal protective equipment needed to carry out their role.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- help organise a week-long chalk stream festival of family based activities to run in August
- liaise with relevant parties to organise activities, for example venue owners
- support the administration of a poetry competition
- partake in other office duties as part of the wider Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service (host) team and Lincolnshire County Council
- manage a small budget to purchase own Personal Protective Equipment and attend a recognised training course relevant to their career path
- general support of the LCSP officers in delivering work on the chalk streams
- some occasional weekend and evening working may be required
June/July 2017 to August/September 2017
The post-holder will not need access to a vehicle for travel during work hours.
The post-holder will be expected to be able to work on rough terrain in an outdoor environment. The officer has to undertake a variety of physical tasks including keyboard skills and manual handling involving moving of leaflets and erection of a mini-marquee and display equipment.
Qualifications and experience requirements
The post holder will have a keen interest in conservation and the environment, be over 18, ideally with a qualification in a relevant subject:
- Communication Skills: The post holder will be able to communicate clearly with a range of different people in order to successfully organise events and promote the work of the LCSP via email, telephone and face-to-face meetings with the support of the LCSP staff
- Organisational Skills: The post holder will be able to demonstrate competent organisational skills and be able to prioritise their workload in order to deliver the grant project objectives with support from the LCSP staff.
- IT Skills: Must be competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word.
- Some previous practical experience in environmental/land management, for example voluntary work with a conservation organisation will be looked on favourably.
- A full clean driving licence.
Accepted degree subjects
agricultural sciences · geology and geographical science · environmental science and ecology
A limited budget is available to the candidate to attend a recognised training course to help further their skills and knowledge relevant to their career
The Lincolnshire Chalk Streams Project is based in the attractive market town of Louth and much of the work will be based in and around the Lincolnshire Wolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Interviews: Wednesday 7 June 2017.
Responsible Officer / Supervisor / Contact:
LCSP Project officer:
Lincolnshire Chalk Streams Project
3rd Floor Navigation Warehouse
Closing date: 04/06/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 04/06/2017