To carry out routine management of environmental and energy data using the MP5 database. To administer the environmental monitoring and laboratory schedules. To provide support to the Environment and Energy technician for both administrative and field tasks.
- To enter and extract data from the environmental database.
- To prepare environmental data returns to the Environment Agency.
- To provide occasional support with fieldwork and monitoring.
- To gather and collate energy consumption data from all Grundon sites.
- To maintain up-to-date schedules for the environmental monitoring programme.
- To liaise with the laboratory to resolve issues or implement new requirements.
- Any other duties, such as ad hoc projects, as requested by the manager that are within the skills and capabilities of the job holder.
- Preparing and amending site plans.
- Ensure the environmental permissions archive is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure monitoring equipment is regularly serviced/calibrated.
The working house are 20 per week with flexibility to be discussed at interview.
- Ability to offer ideas and thoughts for discussion to promote the continual improvement of the environmental management and monitoring system.
- Full driving licence
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A level preferably science or maths
- Capable of working outside in all weathers
- Physically fit and able to working on extensive sites with challenging terrain
- Computer literate – experienced with MS Excel
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of their Health and Safety responsibilities to themselves and others
- Good data interpretation skills
- Experience of report production
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Strong team worker with ability to work on own initiative
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 06/03/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 06/03/2017