Crewsaders is constantly on the look out for experienced or inexperienced crew to join our expanding team. We are looking for hardworking, dedicated individuals who are prepared to undertake heavy manual labour as well as being required to work long and often unsocial hours.
The job itself requires excellent punctuality, planning and inter-personal skills, as well as the ability to be able to converse professionally with clients directly on site. Ideal crew will have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively under instruction as well as working as part of a team. The job will require travel in and out of London and all major UK cities, occasionally Europe.
A UK driving licence is not essential but could be advantageous.
You will have a professional attitude and present yourself in a smart manner. Desirable crew will be self-motivated, tenacious and have the capacity to think laterally and work well under pressure.
In order to attract and retain some of the industry’s best crew, Crewsaders rewards its staff with excellent hourly rates (Crewsaders is a London Living wage employer), work performance bonuses, company travel incentive scheme and further benefits.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview at the Crewsaders office closest to your location. A second stage induction will then be arranged for candidates who are well suited and keen to be a part of the team. Once you have successfully passed your induction, which will include basic training and work practices, you will be assigned to a crew base near your home for a probationary period. As a new member of the team you will work as part of a larger team and under the supervision and guidance of a senior crew manager to ensure you get the support you need.
The job itself entails:
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Building and dismantling stages and set
- Rigging/de-rigging sound, lighting, and AV equipment
- Installing and removing temporary flooring and barriers
- Building and breaking down of temporary seating structures
- Carrying and lifting items including furniture, set and scenery, and, AV equipment
- The constructing of temporary/semi-permanent structures, i.e. marquees etc
If you are committed to working in the events industry or would like to explore a new opportunity whilst becoming a valued member of an exciting team please apply to join us today.
What we are looking for
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- Excellent punctuality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well presented, polite and well-mannered
- Ability to work under instruction and as part of a team
- Flexible with availability and prepared to work unsociable hours
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Living within close proximity to your regional city centre
- Older than 18 years of age
- Experience in manual handling (of any kind, but preferably heavy lifting)
- UK driving licence and experience driving commercial vehicles
- Warehouse work, specifically for events based businesses
- Operators license for telehandler, cherry picker, forklift (all types) or scissor lift
- Experience in the building/dismantling of events
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/05/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30/05/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||50|
|Working hours||Part-time · Full-time|