Dedicated support for the Managing Partner, a busy and demanding financial adviser.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious graduate to learn the business of advice at close quarters from a driven professional with a passion for financial services and an unwavering and uncompromising dedication to client care and excellence. Based in the lively market town of Skipton (officially the happiest place to live in the UK according to the Office for National Statistics) with excellent communication links to Leeds (35 mins) where the company has an additional office to which travel will be required periodically.
Attitude and aptitude are the primary requirements for this role. Full training will be provided towards professional exams (likely to be Chartered Insurance Institute, though other relevant qualifications will be considered). A mathematics/economics/business degree is required.
The role will comprise constructing reports, discussion documents, presentations and other client communications. Providing a level of service and maintaining client communications at a level and tone consistent with a luxury/premium brand. Helping maintain and manage relationships with private and corporate clients. Preparing cash flow modelling forecasts using dedicated industry software. A large part of the remit will be project work.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious graduate to obtain a grouding in retail financial services as a springboard to a lucrative and rewarding career. The position can be open-ended or structured as a defined two-year contract.
Market leading package available for the right individual (options are unlimited and can include subsidised accommodation in Skipton).
Are you up for a challenge?
Operating from Skipton and Leeds, and established 25 years ago, The Pentelow Practice is an FCA regulated family business that provides face-to-face advice to private and corporate clients including workplace pensions, retirement planning, investment management, Inheritance Tax mitigation and everything in-between.
It is a founding member and Principal Partner Practice of St. James's Place Wealth Management, an award-winning FTSE 100 company.
- Excellent written English.
- Numerical (ideally Mathematics to high grade A level or degree).
- Bright with an inquisitive and intellectual mind.
- Passionate with a positive ‘can do’ and ‘go-getting’ attitude.
- Strong and expressive character.
- Advanced ability with Excel (or willing to learn very quickly).
- Empathetic and client-focused.
- Responsible (must take ownership of cases to completion).
- Analytical, with good attention to detail and a willingness to learn and develop.
- Accurate and consistent in all areas especially in client facing material.
- Projecting a professional image in both appearance and attitude to provide quality support on time to agreed standards.
- The ability to manage conflicting demands in a calm, friendly and non-judgmental manner.
- Open to change/new ideas. Ready to go the extra mile and respond quickly and flexibly when called upon.
- Willingness to progress professional learning including by examination.
Accepted degree subjects
economics · mathematics · business and management studies · accounting and finance
Bonus, gym membership (after probation)
Yorkshire and the Humber
Contract and working hours
Unknown · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: one
Please write a letter explaining why you are suitable for this position, providing examples where possible.
Closing date: 23/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 11/03/2018