Working with Discovery, our recruitment and training partner, we are offering a unique opportunity for an intelligent, inquisitive and agile graduate to join our busy and expanding Export Department. Based at our Head Office in Shrewsbury and reporting to the UK & Export Commercial Manager, the role will primarily cover commercial account management and customer service activities, together with some business development. With our export sales continuing to achieve growth year-on-year and our ambitious global expansion plans, this is a role where building good working relationships with our customer base and sensitivity to the commercial and cultural differences across our international markets is a very important element of the graduate skillset.
Our graduate programme has been designed to maximise performance through a structured training and development path which will include a mix of on-the-job training, external development activities and one-to-one mentoring. Underpinning company and product knowledge will be gained through rotation of the key business areas during the first 6 months.
To support your personal and professional development, following successful completion of a 6-month probationary period, you will be enrolled on the Discovery Emerging Leaders 18-month programme.
- Full-time holiday entitlement starting at 23 days per year, plus the bank and public holidays, increasing with service.
- Generous pension scheme (employer 10% and employee 3% contribution) with life assurance up to 10 x salary (after three months’ service).
- Company sick pay (after 6 months’ service).
- Company shares scheme (subject to certain qualifying conditions).
- Healthcare cashback plan (discretionary and after 3 months’ service).
- Free private on-site parking.
- Free refreshments.
- Normal hours of work are 8.45am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week) with an unpaid break of 1 hour for lunch. There will be a requirement to be flexible with working hours due to the international nature of the role.
- Notice period after successful completion of 6-month probationary period will be 4 weeks.
- As this role may eventually include some UK and international travel you must have and maintain a valid driving licence and passport.
What we are looking for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident, self-motivated, analytical and results oriented.
- Flexible, adaptable and a team player who can also take the initiative.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Comfortable working to deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- We are seeking a graduate that holds a 2.1 degree (or higher) in business management, or a related discipline, completed within the last 3 years.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
Additional job details
- West Midlands
- Circa £23,000.
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 1 July 2021
How to apply
Paterson Enterprises Limited is committed to treating everyone who works for the company fairly, openly, honestly and with dignity and respect at all times. We seek to ensure equality of opportunity in all areas of employment, including the recruitment and selection process, with the selection of employees based solely on merit.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 23 June 2021