The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Development Program (“SLP”) is a fast-track rotational program that is an integrated process for accelerating the development of our future leaders. It is geared toward recent graduates with finance and accounting internship experience and a relevant business degree who have a passion for a long term career in coporate finance and accounting.
Finance SLPs work in four X six-month rotations in different finance functions. Each rotation has project assignments that allow participants to become familiar with how we do business and contribute to the success of that facility. The program offers invaluable experiences for early career associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers. This high profile opportunity will provide a great deal of company-wide exposure and professional growth.
Reponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, manage and provide deliverables on projects as assigned.
- Work closely with functional business groups to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
- Lead projects and ensure that the functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements and established methodologies and practices.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Facilitate structured training programs to support business transformation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Leading key Finance and Accounting projects to streamline processes and increase working capital turns.
- Gather and report necessary Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics globally.
- Report out/present to the Executive Team your project deliverables on a quarterly basis.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or other related business field.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must have a passion for excellence and leadership.
- Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability.
- Must be able to communicate well across all levels of the organization.
- Must be interested to rotate every 6 months
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business beginning with the shop floor and ending with senior management.
- Self motivated individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement through the use of analytical problem solving skills.
- Facilitating, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interact effectively with executives.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Access and other applications included in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
Accepted degree subjects
- accounting and finance
- business and management studies
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 4 July 2022
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 23 May 2022