Working in the Research and Design department you will be responsible for the design and writing of firmware for Spinnakers cash security markets. As an integral member of the team you will liaise with the electronics and mechanical engineers to develop highly reliable unique products.
As a firmware engineer you will be creating ultra low power products that are designed to work in robust environments. Spinnakers designs use many analogue and didgital sensors to detect attacks by criminals on its products and your role will be to integrate the signals from these sensors in to a low power design.
Provide novel, practical, and innovative solutions to customer & Spinnaker requirements.
Design, develop and write embedded software for use in Spinnaker products in a language suitable for the application. This will primarily be ‘C’ or assembler.
Complete verification and validation process on developed embedded software and systems.
Research new technologies, components and process’s providing feedback on how they could cost effectively add or enhance features of Spinnaker products.
What we are looking for
- HND or above in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Be able to write and debug firmware in 'C',
- Be able to write and debug firmware in Assembler
- Be able to use debug tools to validate and test firmware
- Be able to use test tools such as Oscilliscopes to test and validate firmware
- Must have a basic knowledge of electronics to be able to understand the interface between firmare and electronics
- Skilled in the use of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to communicate complex concepts. requiring a GCSE in English or equivalent
- Good listening and diplomacy skills
- Must be self motivated, enthusiastic, hard working and possess a willingness to learn
- Confidence, enthusiasm and with the energy to make a significant contribution in an organisation
- Must be self reliant and able to work independently, or as part of a development team
- Possess excellent innovative problem solving skills
- Evidence of organisational and analytical skills with an ability to research/investigate issues, analyse and consider wider implications, and then to compile reports and/or present recommendations.
- A willingness to undertake UK and overseas travel
- Successful candidate will be required to undergo a security vetting process
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
Please provide a CV and covering letter outlining how you feel your knowledge and experience would fulfill the role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||1|
£25k - £30k
Health Scheme, Pension, 1/2 day Friday, 5 weeks + BH's starting holiday - rises to 7 weeks + BH's