This role requires a self -motivated graduate with excellent verbal and written communication skills along with experience of software/hardware design and knowledge and/or interest in industrial automation systems for manufacturing applications.
This role will involve:
- Producing functional design specifications
- Liaising with customer and colleague engineers
- Design and testing of hardware/software for automation projects
- Commissioning of automated systems in-house
- Commissioning of completed systems at customer sites
- Providing on-site support to customers
- Producing operator and maintenance manuals
- Delivering training sessions to customer
What we are looking for
Knowledge of Siemens TIA Portal software, Fanuc robots and database programming is preferred but training will be provided as required on projects.
These are not essential but may enhance your application if you can give evidence of your experience in your covering letter
- Have you any experience of Siemens TIA Portal software?
- Have you any experience of Industrial Robot programming?
- Have you any experience of Industrial Vision Systems?
- Have you any experience of Database programming?
- Have you any experience of EPlan software?
You will have a degree in controls engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter, via the Apply button, giving a detailed account of your experience, skills and knowledge in relation to the requirements posed in the questions below.
Interview date: week commencing 25 June 2018.
You must be able to answer yes to the following questions and show examples in your covering letter
- Have you got an engineering degree relevant to the position advertised?
- Have you got experience of PLC software design and testing?
- Are you able to design software for PC based systems?
- Will you be comfortable working in a factory within a high-pressure production environment?
- Are you proficient with electrical circuit design using CAD?
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21/06/2018
Additional job details
(dependent on experience)